Spicy Parmesan Chicken Pasta is a comforting dish with the perfect level of spice. Every bite is loaded with flavor!
I’m a carbohydrate junkie. It’s true. 😉 Sometimes I just have to get my pasta fix immediately and yesterday was that day. I was thinking of making my favorite Szechuan Chicken, but remembered I’d saved this recipe for Spicy Parmesan Chicken Pasta. I had everything I needed for it, so I whipped it up in no time.
It has all the elements of a yummy and satisfying pasta dish I crave. It is so flavorful, and the amount of spice is just right. My favorite part of all, it takes hardly any time to make. One more easy weekday dinner on the rotation!
If you’re looking for a really sauce coated pasta, then this ones not for you. The noodles are tossed in a mixture of Parmesan cheese and olive oil, and then once they’re added to the marinated chicken it creates this amazing flavor. It’s what makes this pasta so good!
MORE DELICIOUS PASTA RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Spicy Parmesan Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes more or less depending on heat tolerance
- 8 ounces dried Penne pasta
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes. Add the diced chicken to the marinade and stir to coat chicken. Cover bowl with saran wrap and chill in fridge. Let marinate at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the penne pasta according to package directions; drain well. Toss cooked pasta with 1 teaspoon olive oil and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and the marinade mixture. Cook and stir chicken for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in the pasta and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with sliced green onion and extra Parmesan cheese.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
20 thoughts on “Spicy Parmesan Chicken Pasta”
This looks delicious! Easy, cheesy and filling — sounds like a perfect recipe for my Saturday night. Looking forward to it 🙂 I’m happy you’re being more active on your blog — it’s the first blog I check into for delicious recipes to try!
Thanks, Chris! 🙂 You’ll love this pasta!
Made this tonight, it was great!
Yay! Glad you loved it, Pam!
Looks delicious!! I can’t wait to try this!!! Love all your recipes!!! 🙂
Thank you so much, Emily 🙂
I love this meal. I made it for the first time last week and I am craving it again tonight!! Great recipe!
YUMMMO. Can’t wait to eat this! Damn Delicious & How Sweet it is both have Shrimp versions of this (which I found afterwards). Making it with Chicken tonight & hopefully Shrimp the next time around!!!!
Update – made this for dinner & we loved it! The recipe itself is very similar to how I would make a past with oil & garlic, but marinating the chicken in it all day is DYNAMITE! Even better day 2. Love it. Thanks for sharing!
Glad it was a hit! I definitely agree marinating it all day would make it even better! Next time, I’m doing that! 🙂
Can this be served with angel hair pasta instead?
This was great…thanks! And it was almost the only recipe I found for parmesan and chicken that didn’t have a tomato sauce.
Made this tonight. Whole family LOVED it! Even the picky 4yr. Old 🙂
You can also use hot oil with red peppers to make it a little spicier!
Turned out great, except definitely wasn’t spicy enough! Kept adjusting until I found the perfect amount (quite a bit more than listed! LOL)
Thanks for the awesome recipe! Love chicken pastas!
yum one of my favs this recipe. Thanks for sharing. Simon.
I prepared this dish for my family today – they loved it. Instead of chicken breast, I used boneless skinless chicken thighs. I will definitely have this dish again.
So I followed your recipe to a T but added my own personal twist. Instead of the pepper flakes I added a quarter of a teaspoon of Loisiana hot sauce, for a spike of that hot, and then I took a tangerine sliced in half, and took half of the tangerine and added the juice for a nice tang along with the Spivey, from the hot sauce and the sweetness, from the brown sugar. It is quite honestly the BEST Chicken Parmesan I have EVER tasted.
It’s a hit in my house! We are a family of 4 (with 2 growing sons) so I made 2 pounds of the chicken breasts (and thus modified the quantities of the other ingredients a smidge), and it still wasn’t enough (which is a total compliment to the recipe!) The boys could not get enough and there may have been some moaning with it! I added more red pepper flakes, because we like heat, and I paired with with a delicious Sauvignon Blanc and it was to. die. for. Thanks for sharing!
thank you so much for this recipe! i just made it; my family loved it! 🙂