This Steak Fajita Salad is incredible and loaded with tender veggies and flat iron steak. The Chipotle Ranch Dressing makes it extra delicious!
We are on a mission to feel better and eat healthier, so we’ve been loading up on leafy greens and colorful veggies. I think one of the main reasons people don’t like to eat healthy (myself included) is because the food is boring or lacks in flavor.
That is why I’m determined to make healthy recipes fun and tasty, like this Steak Fajita Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing! This is not your average every day salad. It is full of amazing flavor and anything but boring. 🙂
The fajita marinade is what makes this salad absolutely delicious! It flavors and tenderizes the steak so well. Mmmm!
The veggies add crunch and another level of yum, and of course, the dressing is what polishes it off to perfection. All it consists of is low fat ranch mixed with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. It is lip-smacking good!
LOVE SALADS? TRY THESE OTHER AMAZING SALADS:
Bajio Chicken Chile Salad
Crispy Chicken BLT Salad
Doritos Chicken Taco Salad
The Best Strawberry Chicken Salad
Steak Fajita Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- 2 pounds Flat Iron steak or Flank Steak
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh Lime juice
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 medium Yellow onion sliced
- 1 Green bell pepper sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced
- 1 Tomato sliced
- 2 hearts Romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheese
- In a small dish, combine marinade ingredients; olive oil, worcestershire sauce, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, pepper and sugar. Add the steak, turning to coat and cover dish with saran wrap. Place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat a large grill pan or skillet to medium-high heat and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sliced onion, both bell peppers onto the skillet. Stir-fry veggies for a few minutes until they are crisp-tender. Remove veggies from skillet and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- Drizzle another tablespoon of olive oil onto the skillet and add the marinated steak. Cook the meat for at least 5 minutes, on each side, until steak is done to your desire. (We like medium-well) Remove steak from skillet and place on another large plate. Let meat rest 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- To prepare salad: Add the chopped romaine lettuce to 4-6 plates. Top with the cooked veggies, slices of tomato and a little cheese. Add desired amount of steak onto the top and serve with dressing. Enjoy! ♥
1 cup low fat Ranch Dressing
3 teaspoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced (you can find cans of these in the mexican food aisle in most grocery stores)
Directions: Mix together the ranch dressing and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
10 thoughts on “Steak Fajita Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing”
I wish I had a grill pan, unfortunately I only have a grill. Today it’s been a warmer day, here in Michigan… a whopping 8 degrees. Otherwise I would attempt to make this recipe. I love salad! I will try this when it gets a bit warmer out. 🙂
Chris you can easily use a skillet, too!
What other cuts would you recommend?
I would recommend flank steak. I couldn’t find any at my store so I went with flat iron steak.
Easily one of THE BEST salads I’ve ever had! I will be making this again for sure 🙂
I MADE THIS WITH SIRLOIN. REALLY DELICIOUS!