Strawberry Chicken and Spinach Pasta Salad is filled with chicken, strawberries, spinach and poppy seed dressing. This salad will become your go-to this summer!
Summer isn’t complete without a refreshing salad loaded with crisp greens, juicy fruit and tender pasta. Don’t let this summer fare any differently by skipping out on this warm weather essential! That’s where this Strawberry Chicken and Spinach Pasta Salad comes into play. The seasoned chicken and baby spinach packs it full of vitamins and protein to keep you going in the summer heat!
To take this wonderful salad to the next level, it’s tossed with a delicious dressing that combines both raspberry vinaigrette and creamy poppy seed dressing. It gives it a sweet yet bold flavoring that compliments all of the other ingredients.
Whether you will be hosting countless backyard barbecues, family get-togethers or a few nice weeknight dinners this summer, they won’t be complete without this!
Enjoy dining on the finest food summer has to offer with this incredible dish. From the first to the last bite you and your family will be in pure bliss!
You can use any vinaigrette or dressing you want. I feel the poppy seed dressing mixed with the raspberry vinaigrette adds a nice tangy flavor, but feel free to use whatever you prefer!
MAIN DISH OR SIDE DISH?
This delicious salad can be either! The chicken adds that heartiness to make it work perfectly for a main dish, but it can also be served as a side dish. You can omit the chicken to make it more of a side dish if you wish.
This is your salad, add or omit whatever you’d like! If you simply don’t like pecans , you can use sliced almonds or walnuts. They would be just as tasty.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? TRY OUT THESE OTHER FANTASTIC SALADS!
BLT Pasta Salad- Crunchy bacon, juicy tomatoes, and crisp lettuce all come together in perfect harmony to create this tasty pasta salad!
Mandarin Orange and Spinach Pasta Salad- filled with tender bow tie noodles, spinach and mandarin oranges all tossed in a teriyaki dressing.
California Pasta Salad- zucchini, cherry tomatoes, olives and much more create this fresh and healthy pasta salad.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad- filled with grilled chicken, rotini pasta, croutons and tomatoes over a bed of romaine lettuce.
Strawberry Chicken and Spinach Pasta Salad
- 1 pound cooked, diced chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper (A rotisserie chicken works great for this recipe)
- 8 ounces dried penne pasta
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup Creamy Poppy Seed dressing (I like Kraft's brand)
- 1/3 cup Raspberry Vinaigrette (I like Kraft's brand)
- In a medium bowl combine the creamy poppy seed dressing and Raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Whisk together until combined. Cover and set in refrigerator.
- In a large pot of water boil penne pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain water then run under cold water to cool pasta. Place drained pasta in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked diced chicken, spinach leaves, sliced strawberries and pecans to pasta. Pour in mixed dressings. Gently toss to combine everything.
- Serve immediately or let chill in fridge for 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!