Sweet Pork Quesadillas start with savory, sweet shredded pork and loads of cheddar and Monterey jack cheese between two crispy flour tortillas. Dunk them in tomatillo ranch dressing for one incredible lunch or dinner!
Try these other incredible sweet pork recipes: Sweet Pork Nachos, Sweet Pork Tacos and Cafe Rio Sweet Pork.
It is absolutely no secret that I am a huge Cafe Rio fan. We probably eat there way too much, but I don’t care. lol I love it. They have so many different options to choose from. If I’m craving something healthy, I’ll order a grilled chicken salad or tostada. If I’m feeling naughty, I’ll order a sweet pork enchilada or quesadilla! A few weeks ago I was really craving one of their amazing Sweet Pork Quesadillas so I went the homemade route and made them myself. They turned out incredible. 😀
These Sweet Pork Quesadillas start with savory, sweet shredded pork and loads of cheese stuffed between two crispy flour tortillas. We dunked ours in my homemade Creamy Tomatillo Dressing and we were basically transported into heaven. haha. They were so delicious. Of course, my sweet kids kept telling me they were better than Cafe Rios. They are always so kind and tell me how much they love my cooking. I’m a lucky Mom to have such amazing kiddos.
I can’t tell you enough how great these quesadillas are. If you haven’t made my Slow Cooker Sweet Pork recipe then you’re really missing out. It is really easy to prepare. I’m always a fan of slow cooker recipes because they’re typically pretty easy to follow. Plus, who doesn’t love their home smelling wonderful all day until dinner. I love that and find it comforting, knowing that dinner is already cooking while I go about my day!
Sweet Pork Quesadillas
- FOR SLOW COOKER SWEET PORK:
- 3 pound pork shoulder/butt
- 16 ounces Coca-Cola soda not diet, divided
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- FOR QUESADILLAS:
- 12 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- SUGGESTED TOPPINGS:
- sliced green onion
- sour cream
- tomatillo ranch dressing
- FOR SLOW COOKER SWEET PORK: Spray inside of a large crock pot with cooking spray. Place pork roast inside. Pour 8 ounces of Coca-Cola ( I used a measuring cup) and water around pork. (It does not need to cover roast) Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on High heat for 6 hours, or on Low heat 8 – 9 hours.
- Remove pork from crock pot and transfer to cutting board. Discard liquid from crock pot. Shred pork with two forks, and remove any fat.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the remaining 8 ounces Coca-Cola, diced green chilies, enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Place shredded pork back in crock pot. Pour enchilada sauce mixture over the shredded pork. Cover crock pot with lid and cook 2 hours on Low heat.
- FOR QUESADILLAS: Start by taking one flour tortilla. Spread 1/2 cup of shredded pork evenly over tortilla. Sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese evenly over the pork. Top with another tortilla.
- Carefully cook on a warm, greased skillet 1 to 2 minutes, on each side, just until golden and crispy. Repeat with remaining tortillas, pork and cheese. Slice each into 6 triangles and serve warm with desired toppings. Enjoy!