Thanks to Pinterest I’ve added a hundred new recipes to my already giant ‘must make’ list. Needless to say, these babies were one of them. I had good intentions of posting another yummy dinner idea today, but it’s just gonna have to wait. The big Super Bowl is next Sunday so I thought I’d start posting some appetizer ideas. These Taco Cupcakes would be perfect to serve during the big game!
I made these for dinner the other night and let’s just say they were gone fast. They were so delicious. You can eat them with your hands, or with a fork. We liked eating them with our hands, like you do a ‘real’ cupcake. Of course, don’t forget the salsa and sour cream. These will be a huge hit at your football party!
- 1 pound lean ground beef I used 96% lean
- 1 1 oz. packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Favorite Taco toppings: salsa sour cream, etc
- Preheat oven to 375 F°. Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Stir in taco seasoning, water and black beans. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Spray 18 regular muffin cups with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup. Divide half of the meat mixture between muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the meat. Repeat layers with another wonton wrapper, taco meat and cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and wrappers are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings!
Recipe from: Plain Chicken