Taco Cupcakes are layers of wonton wrappers, seasoned beef, beans, cheese and topped with your favorite taco toppings!
Thanks to Pinterest I’ve added a hundred new recipes to my already giant ‘must make’ list. Needless to say, these amazing Taco Cupcakes were one of them.
I had good intentions of posting another yummy dinner idea today, but it’s just gonna have to wait. The big Super Bowl is next Sunday so I thought I’d start posting some appetizer ideas. These Taco Cupcakes would be perfect to serve during the big game!
I made these for dinner the other night and let’s just say they were gone fast. They were so delicious. You can eat them with your hands, or with a fork. We liked eating them with our hands, like you do a ‘real’ cupcake.
Of course, don’t forget the salsa and sour cream. These will be a huge hit at your football party!
- 1 pound lean ground beef I used 96% lean
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 36 wonton wrappers
- Favorite Taco toppings: salsa, sour cream, guacamole, cilantro, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375 F°. Brown and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Stir in taco seasoning, water and black beans. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Spray 18 regular muffin cups with cooking spray. Place one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup. Divide half of the meat mixture between muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the meat. Repeat layers with another wonton wrapper, taco meat and cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and wrappers are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings!
28 thoughts on “Taco Cupcakes”
How delicious! These are such a great idea!
These are really adorable! Great party snack idea
I really like this idea! They look so good, and look so easy to make. Trust me, I have a long list of stuff I want to try on Pinterest, too 🙂
Mmmmmm. I’ve been hearing a lot about Pinterest lately.
YUM! This look delicious – wonton wrappers are so versatile!
I’ve added to this the list of things I must make for small bite night! Thanks for sharing!
How cute are these! Love them! Have a great weekend, Holly!
I love Pinterest! These are such a great idea- cute and delicious! 🙂
Oh I love this!! I could take 5 of those bad boys right about now! Your pics are gorgeous!
These are the perfect super bowl food…we love tacos!!! Love that you called them cupcakes:-)
dont worry, you arent the only person who pins recipes all day!
perfect for super bowl! thanks for sharing!
I’m afraid they might become my favorite cupcakes
They look great! So glad you liked them!!
I love these! However, I’m having a problem with the bottoms…they don’t get crispy or brown at all, end up kind of mushy on bottom. I thought maybe I used too much nonstick spray the first time, so I used a lot less the second time with pretty much same results. Any suggestions or ideas??
Your not using the aerated muffin tin, are you? I wondered for years why my pie bottoms were gooey til I realized I was putting an aerated pan under the pie pans.
I made these tonight and OMG soo good I just want to eat them all!
A “cheaters” version of these would be to just place Tostitos “scoops” chips, which are shaped like a little cup already on a regular baking sheet and fill with the meat and cheese, bake until cheese is melted… OR even microwave! **gasp**
I am salivating! 🙂
After reading your other post, salsa roll ups… I am also envisioning using that cream cheese spread mixture in the layers as well
Hi there. I tried these and they were delicious. But…they were soggy on the bottom. What did I do wrong? Thanks