Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is full of savory chicken, rice and vegetables. The teriyaki sauce gives it outstanding flavor. This delicious meal is one your family will love!
First off, I must say I have to give Carrian from Oh Sweet Basil top notch credit for this fantastic recipe! If you are looking for an incredible, delicious and healthy meal to feed your family- this is it!
This Teriyaki Chicken Casserole is one you’ll love and even the kiddos too.
I think casseroles get a bad rap, and I can totally see why. Especially when they’re packed with a bunch of processed ingredients and cream-of-whatever soups everyone loves to hate. (I use them but not all the time.) For me though, I adore a good casserole. As a main or side dish. They’re comforting, yummy and usually pretty darn easy to whip up. I love that.
This one happens to be full of ingredients that are good for you and it is so delicious! When I made it for dinner the other week it hit a home run with my family. When my quiet hubby raves about a meal while we’re eating- I know it’s a winner. This will make an appearance often in the dinner rotation. 🙂
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Teriyaki Chicken Casserole
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bag (12 ounces) stir-fry vegetables (broccoli, carrots, snow peas, etc.) (can be found in the produce section of grocery stores)
- 3 cups cooked brown or white rice
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine soy sauce, ½ cup water, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a small saucepan and cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove lid and cook for one minute once boiling.
- Meanwhile, stir together the corn starch and 2 tablespoons of water in a separate dish until smooth. Once sauce is boiling, add mixture to the saucepan and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken then remove from heat.
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared pan. Then place the veggies all around the chicken breasts. Pour one cup of the sauce over top of chicken and veggies. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from oven. Carefully remove foil and shred chicken while still in the dish, using two forks.
- Add the cooked rice to the casserole dish. Add most of the remaining sauce, reserving a bit to drizzle over the top when serving. Gently toss everything together until combined. Return to oven and cook 10 minutes or until everything is heated through. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle each serving with remaining sauce. Enjoy!