The best recipes are the classics and this Banana Bread recipe is just that. This bread is moist and delicious! It’s also made in mini loaf pans so you can send it out as gifts to friends and neighbors.
I think the best recipes are the classics. Sure it’s fun to be creative and take a walk on the wild side with different ingredients, but it seems we always come back to the classics. This recipe for The Best Banana Bread is one of them. It is simple, yet mouth-watering delicious.
The banana flavor in this bread is perfect and not too overpowering. The texture is also awesome. It almost melts in your mouth! No joke. I also like that it’s baked in individual mini loaf pans. That way you can give it out as gifts (and so you won’t be tempted to eat it all yourself ) ha!
Last Friday I brought each of the girls in book club a loaf and they were so happy! They all loved it. Take my advice and print this recipe and then tuck it away in your recipe box. You will be so glad you did. I guarantee everyone you feed it to will ask you for the recipe!
*Just a quick note on using buttermilk. I almost NEVER have it on hand. So when making this bread I always use the milk and vinegar trick. Just measure your milk out to just almost the one and a half cup it calls for, then add 2 teaspoons of distilled white vinegar to the milk. Let it stand for a few minutes until it slightly thickens and voila! You have homemade buttermilk. 😀
The Best Banana Bread
The most delicious, moist, melt-in-your-mouth banana bread you will ever eat!
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 4 large, ripened bananas, mashed
- 7 mini disposable loaf pans ( you can find these in most grocery stores, I bought mine at Wal-Mart) OR you can use 2 ( 9x5x3 inch) loaf pans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 7 mini loaf pans onto a large cookie sheet. Grease each of the loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a seperate large bowl, add the beaten eggs, butter, buttermilk and mashed bananas. Mix together with an electric hand-mixer on low speed, just until combined. Or you can use a whisk and stir by hand until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour one cupfuls of batter evenly into each mini loaf pan. If there is any batter leftover divide it evenly among pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Yields: 7 mini loaf pans or 2 regular size loaf pans.
MORE DELICIOUS BREAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE: