I know it’s not Monday but I’m going to tell you how I feel about Mondays. I hate them. Okay, hates a strong word. I dislike them. It’s the day our office is crazy busy. The phones don’t stop ringing, and we have 4 of our 5 Doctors in, so we see about 5.3 million patients. Well, maybe not that many, but you know what I mean.
So with how hectic they are, making dinner is usually the last thing I want to do. Kale told me awhile back that he would start being in charge of Monday night dinners to give me a break. But that lasted only one time. I still love him though.
I’ve decided that Mondays are going to be my ‘Crockpot’ days. I just throw in the ingredients before I head to work and by the time I come home, dinner is ready! I love it! These sandwiches are one of my favorite things to make in my crock pot.
French Dip Sandwiches
Write a review
8 hr 10 min
8 hr 10 min
- 3-4 lb Beef Round Steak (or any beef roast)
- 1 packet Onion Soup mix
- 1 packet Au Jus Gravy mix
- 2 (15 oz) cans Beef Broth
- 2 cups water
- 8 crusty Hoagie Rolls
- 8 slices Provolone, White American or Swiss cheese
- Place the roast in your crockpot. In a medium bowl mix together the soup mix, au jus mix, beef broth and water. Pour all over the roast. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours, or on High for 5-7 hours.
- Shred roast and then place in crusty hoagie buns. Top with sliced cheese and then set sandwiches on a baking sheet and place under the broiler until cheese is all melted and buns are nice and toasted. (Stay by the oven the whole time to watch them. They can burn fast!) Ladle the gravy into small bowls and dip your sandwiches in it. YUM!
Life In The Lofthouse http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/