There are few things better in life than warm, soft, buttery bread fresh out of the oven. It is by far one of life’s greatest pleasures! 🙂 These breadsticks I’m sharing today are really the best ever. They’re so soft and delicious, and the garlic bread seasoning tops them off to total perfection.
I love how easy this breadstick recipe is. Only 5 ingredients and hardly any rise time. They are basically fool proof. Seriously. I think the only thing that could mess these up is over-flouring the dough, so be careful on that! Less is more 😉
I love to make these breadsticks anytime we have spaghetti for dinner, or really any time I have an excuse to make them. 😀 We’ve also tried these without the garlic seasoning, and topped them with cinnamon and sugar instead. SO. GOOD. It is the ultimate treat!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (105 - 110 degrees F°)
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand-mixer, add warm water, instant yeast, sugar and salt. Stir to combine (using the dough hook if in the stand-mixer)
- Add 2 cups flour and mix well. Gradually add in the rest of the flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and sticks to your finger a little bit. (Remember to only add up to 4 cups flour total. Adding too much flour will make the breadsticks too dense and not soft.)
- Cover bowl and allow to rise 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a clean and lightly-floured surface. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Roll dough into a large rectangle, about 1-inch thick, and cut into 12 strips with a pizza cutter.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a long rope then twist. Place dough twist onto prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of dough, placing side by side on baking sheet.
- Cover and let rest 30 minutes to rise again until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden-brown. Remove from oven and rub a 1/2 stick of butter over the warm breadsticks. Sprinkle tops evenly with Garlic Bread Seasoning!
- Serve and enjoy!
- Click the link below this recipe card for Garlic Bread Seasoning recipe.