Continuing on with St. Patty’s Day recipes is this amazing Key Lime Bundt Cake. I can’t take all the credit for this beautiful cake because my sweet little Kelsey made it. Momma just guided her a little a long the way. 🙂
I love that Kelsey has a big interest in baking and cooking. Whenever I’m in the kitchen, she’s right by my side asking questions and asking if she can help. It reminds me of when I was little doing the same thing with my Mom. When we sit down to eat whatever I’ve made Kelsey loves to describe the foods tastes and textures. It’s too funny. She’s my own little food critic.
This Key Lime Bundt Cake is so delicious. It is so moist and has a perfect lime flavor. It’s not too overpowering, which I like. The glaze on the top is simple and finishes this cake off perfectly. If you’re in the mood to whip up an amazing citrus scratch cake then this ones for you. Remember, if an 11 year old can do it, you can too! 😉
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Key lime zest (or lime zest)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Key lime juice (or regular lime juice)
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F°. Spray a 12-cup bundt cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and lime zest on medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time and then add lime juice until everything is combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Gradually add this dry mixture to wet mixture, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan. Spread out evenly.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cake from oven. Let cake rest 10 minutes in pan, then invert to a cooling rack. Let cake cool completely before pouring on glaze.
- For Glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, Key lime juice and milk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- When cake is cool, pour glaze all over the top. Garnish with extra lime zest, if desired.
- Slice cake and serve.