Apple Fritter Bread is a delicious homemade bread that tastes like the classic fritter donut. It’s topped with a sweet glaze that makes it irresistible!
Hi friends! Let me introduce to you APPLE FRITTER BREAD. A delicious and easy homemade bread that tastes like the classic fritter donut. Yep. You can thank me later. 😉
Raise your hand if you’re a donut lover? *raising my hand proudly* Now raise your hand if you love homemade bread? *Me me me* Well this bread is just that combo! I honestly can’t think of anything better than a slice of homemade bread or a donut on a Saturday morning with my family. So this bread was right up my alley. It is really really delicious!
I was pleasantly surprised at how simple it was to make. That’s always a bonus. After I took a few photos Kelsey and I had a slice and then looked at each other like we’d just found gold. lol We each took a second piece and knew we were in trouble with how delicious it was. I immediately sliced up the rest and sent it over to my neighbors. I knew that if I kept it at my house it would be a dangerous thing. 😀
MORE BREAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Apple Fritter Bread
- FOR THE BREAD:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (I use 2% milk)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled then chopped
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar + 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon mixed together
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk more or less depending on thickness of glaze wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. (Or you can line pan with foil then spray with non-stick spray for easier removal.)
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat white sugar and butter together, using an electric mixer, until smooth and creamy.Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended in; add vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder together with a whisk, then slowly pour this mixture into the butter mixture. Stir until blended.Slowly mix milk into the batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter evenly into the prepared loaf pan; then top evenly with half the chopped apples. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over the apples.
- Lightly pat apples into batter.Pour the remaining batter over the apple layer, then top batter evenly with remaining apples, then sprinkle remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of loaf comes out clean.
- To make glaze: mix powdered sugar and milk together until combined.Let bread cool for at least 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze. Slice, serve and enjoy!