This Breakfast Bake is a delicious egg casserole with sausage, green bell peppers, and cheese over a flaky crescent roll crust. Make this tasty breakfast bake on special occasions or just when you want a hearty breakfast that’s sure to put a smile on your face!
I’ve been making this Breakfast Bake for as long as I can remember. It’s been a tradition here at the Lofthouse Casa to make this indulgent, hearty breakfast every Christmas morning.
When I say that, I mean I seriously only ever make it on that one day of the year. That way, it makes it so much more special and we look forward to it even more.
My Mom started this tradition many years ago for me and my siblings. Every Christmas morning she would make this yummy bake after we opened presents. I absolutely loved it, so I adopted it for myself once I got married and had kids. They have come to really love it too!
Even though I have chosen to eat this heavenly casserole only one day a year, that doesn’t mean you have to. You can enjoy this Breakfast Bake whenever you desire! Those lazy Sunday mornings or weeknights when you’re feeling like breakfast for dinner, or even for a simple brunch.
If you love a good savory, protein-filled and satisfying breakfast, then this recipe definitely is for you!
The eggs, juicy sausage (I prefer turkey sausage), and a layer of melted cheese over the top are all amazing, but what really makes this Breakfast Bake a show stopper is the flaky, buttery crescent dough crust. It adds a unique texture to the casserole that is so delicious.
So what are you waiting for? Grab that baking dish and get to cooking this mouthwatering Breakfast Bake and then report back to me so I know how much you loved it! 😉
Looking for more delicious breakfast ideas? Try these:
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls (I use Pillsbury's)
- 1 package (9 ounces) pre-cooked sausage links (I use turkey-sausage)
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, press the crescent roll dough in the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan.
- Slice the sausage into small pieces and then spread evenly over the top of the dough.
- Whisk eggs, milk, green pepper, oregano, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl. Pour evenly over sausage. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese all over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are cooked through.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing! Serve and enjoy ♥