Fluffy and golden buttermilk pancakes! Totally made from scratch and totally delicious!
I grew up eating pancakes from the yellow Bisquick box. I was always excited when I could smell pancakes cooking in the kitchen on a Saturday morning. I make the Bisquick version for my family all the time, but now that I’ve tried these homemade pancakes, I am officially sold. They’re absolutely delicious!
The secret is in the title. Buttermilk. Yep, buttermilk is what makes these light, fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth amazeballs! These are the best BUTTERMILK PANCAKES I’ve ever had. Hands down.
These were also a hit with my kids. They scarfed them down and kept demanding for ‘just one more’. I was one happy Momma to oblige! Anything I don’t have to beg my kids to eat makes me happy 🙂
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Set aside.
- In a seperate medium bowl, beat the 2 eggs, then slowly add the 2 cups buttermilk until blended. Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract. Batter will be slightly lumpy and thick.
- Drop 1/3 cups of batter onto a hot 350 degree F. buttered griddle. Cook on first side 2-3 minutes or until edges are slightly dry. Flip pancakes and let cook another 2-3 minutes or until center is fully cooked. Swipe butter onto griddle between batches.
- Serve with syrup, whipped cream, strawberries or whatever you like on your pancakes. Enjoy! ♥
Recipe adapted from: The House of Smith’s