Cake Batter Blondies are one of the best treats to celebrate with. A slice of this dessert served with a scoop of ice cream will only enhance your next celebration!
One of my favorite desserts ever is a blondie. Blondies are a lot like a brownie with their chewy dense texture, but also have a soft cake crumb. I love to order them when Kale and I go out to eat at a restaurant. Today I am introducing my Cake Batter Blondies recipe. They’re out of this world delicious and so simple to create!
WHAT MAKES THESE BLONDIES SO GOOD?
For the base of this dessert, I use a Funfetti or Rainbow Chip cake mix. This adds a little bit of flavor, ease, and a whole lot of fun to your treat! I add a few extra ingredients to the mix that make these so soft and yummy. After the blondies have finished baking warm frosting is poured over the top to make each piece a little more colorful and delicious!
WHAT KIND OF FROSTING DO I USE FOR THE BLONDIES?
The frosting is so simple you can use it for almost any dessert. Sugar, milk, butter, and vanilla is all you need. One of the best things about this frosting recipe is that you can customize it with a little bit of food coloring. Depending on the celebration, all you need is a few drops to make sure your dessert is specific to the current holiday!
WHERE DO I SERVE THE BLONDIES?
Cake Batter Blondies are a great solution for so many kinds of parties! I first had them at a baby shower. This is great because you can very easily tint the frosting pink for a girl, or blue for a boy!
Serve these at birthday parties, anniversaries, surprise parties, these sweet desserts will never disappoint.
ENJOY THIS DESSERT? HERE ARE A FEW MORE TREATS FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY!
Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies – Freshly baked cookies with M&M chocolate candies.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Green chocolate chips cookies with a hint of mint.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies – Soft and chewy red velvet cookies with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Raspberry Cream Cake – A moist and dense cake with cream cheese frosting and fresh raspberries.
Cake Batter Blondies
- 1 box (18 ounces) Rainbow Chip OR Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring (optional)
- BLONDIES:Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9×9-inch pan with non-stick spray. Combine cake mix, oil and egg in a large bowl. Slowly stir in milk and then fold in white chocolate chips. (Batter will be thick.) Pour batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand at least 30 minutes to cool down before you prepare frosting.
- FROSTING:In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the butter and milk to a boil. Once it starts to boil, remove from heat and quickly whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla.Once mixed, add in desired amount of food coloring. Just one to two drops is all you need. (I used one drop of red for my pink frosting.)Spread warm frosting over the blondies. Let the frosting cool and set before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
18 thoughts on “Cake Batter Blondies”
Oh wow! I NEED to make these! Love cake batter desserts.
Oh my goodness, I SO need one of these right now! So cute too!
These are cute and they look delish too, thanks for sharing!!!
Yep, you and I are on the same food wave length sometime. I’m about to post a blondie recipe next week..lol. I love the sound of yours though. I can see this being a hit with the kiddos and I just LOVE that you put frosting on it. Another great one Hol!!
SO fun! My family would love these beauties (and we approve of the frosting!!!).
So cute! I love the sprinkles on top! These sound so good Holly!
Goodness how cute are these? Looks great, Holly!
Wow! Cute and delicious looking, too.
These are so pretty! And there is seriously nothing better than Funfetti cake 🙂
These are precious and festive! I cant wait to make them for a party!
Funfetti makes the world go around. Yum. I cannot wait to try this.
Very, very cute… they look yummy!
A quick and delicious blondie recipe! Pretty pinky frosting.
Look delicious! gloria
These looks so fun and yummy. What is the texture like? Brownie? Cake? I would so add frosting too.
Girl these blondies are so fun and I love how easy they are since it starts with a cake mix. I will have to try a cake mix for my next blonde brownie creation. And a frosting is a definite must…I mean it does have cake in it:-)
yumm! Eating these right now..