Carrot Sheet Cake is an incredibly delicious carrot cake that can feed a crowd. This cake is a family-favorite at our house!
I love Easter for many reasons, but I particularly love the tradition we started with Kale’s family a few years ago. It all starts on the Saturday before Easter when we take the kids to an Easter egg hunt in town. After the hunt we head over to the Arts festival in St. George to look at the art and enjoy awesome food. They have the best Navajo tacos there. After we eat we go to the car show in Hurricane that has all kinds of cool vintage cars to look at. The kids have a blast!
On Easter Sunday I make a big family feast and invite everyone over. I always have to make my favorite carrot cake for dessert, but this year’s dessert will be just a tiny bit different. I have a new favorite I’ll be serving- Carrot Sheet Cake! This sheet cake, my friends, is a carrot cake lovers dream. It’s so simple but so yummy. It’s smooth and packed full of carrot and cinnamon flavor. I don’t add any nuts or pineapple because I feel it takes away from the main flavor.
Oh, and the cream cheese frosting makes this cake!
Carrot Sheet Cake
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 12×17-inch sheet pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Beat applesauce, sugar and eggs in a large bowl until combined. In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Gradually beat this mixture into the wet mixture. Fold in carrots. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- For Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy and fluffy. Add in almond extract and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Spread on top of cake. Slice into squares and serve!
*The carrots on top are made of colored candy coating. I melted orange and green separately then piped out the carrot design onto parchment paper. Let harden then place on cake.