Cheesy Bacon Rotel Cups are a combination of gooey cheese, crispy bacon, tomatoes and green chilies stuffed inside a pastry cup that are baked to perfection! You can easily pop them into your mouth making them the perfect appetizer!
I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like I’m always looking for a good appetizer or week day snack that I can easily put together, so when I came across this recipe many moons ago, I knew it would be a game changer.
These delicious cups only require 5 simple ingredients and come together in a matter of minutes. Simply lay out the mini pastry shells on a large baking sheet, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, scoop out the mixture into the shells, and then bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden! Yes, it’s seriously that easy!
Serve them at your next party or game day, and they’ll be gone in a matter of minutes! So be sure to double (or triple) the recipe if you’re serving to a large crowd. Even if you aren’t planning on throwing any parties in the near future, you can still whip up a batch of these beauties! They work just as well as an afternoon snack-trust me, I’ve done it countless times. 😉
(For those of you who may be wondering, Rotel is a line of canned tomatoes and green chilies. They can be found with varying degrees of heat as well as flavors. I prefer the Original or Mild Rotel for this particular recipe, but for those of you who like to spice things up the Hot or Serrano Rotel would work just as nicely!)
MORE DELICIOUS APPETIZERS YOU MAY LIKE:
Cheesy Bacon Rotel Cups
Cheese, bacon, diced tomatoes and green chilies stuffed into tiny pastry cups then baked to perfection. A great party appetizer!
- 3 boxes (1.9 ounces, each) frozen Mini Phyllo (Fillo) Shells (15 per box)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (10 ounces) mild Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies), drained
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon
- OR 1 bag (2.8 ounces) Oscar Meyer Real Bacon pieces
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove phyllo shells carefully from their boxes. No need to thaw. Place shells onto a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Rotel tomatoes and bacon pieces. Once combined, stir in the cheese. Scoop 1 Tablespoon of filling into each phyllo shell. Repeat with all filling and shells. Bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy! ♥