I love making casseroles any time of the year. They’re typically easy, delicious and filled with ingredients I always have on hand. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole has become the latest family-favorite of ours!
Layers of chicken, ham, swiss cheese and a super simple sauce, this casserole comes together easily. You bake it to perfection then serve it over cooked egg noodles, rice or whatever your heart desires. 🙂
Get ready for everyone to ask for seconds with this one… Well, that’s what happened when I served it to my family. 😀 I’m definitely adding this to the monthly dinner rotation.
- 3 small chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup milk ( I used 2%)
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 ounces deli ham, diced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup (or use my homemade version)
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup milk and egg. Add cut chicken pieces to milk/egg mixture to coat.
- Place panko bread crumbs on a large plate or shallow bowl. Season bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken using a slotted spoon over to bread crumbs. Fully coat chicken pieces in bread crumbs.
- Place breaded chicken pieces in bottom of prepared baking dish. Top chicken evenly with ham and Swiss cheese. Whisk together chicken soup and milk. Pour mixture evenly over meat and cheese.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice.