All the flavors of traditional and delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu but in casserole form. This easy dish is a family-favorite at dinner time!
I love making casseroles any time of the year. They’re typically easy, delicious and filled with ingredients I always have on hand. This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole has become the latest family-favorite of ours!
Layers of chicken, ham, Swiss cheese and a super simple sauce, this casserole comes together easily. You bake it to perfection then serve it over cooked egg noodles, rice or whatever your heart desires. 🙂
Get ready for everyone to ask for seconds with this one… Well, that’s what happened when I served it to my family. 😀 I’m definitely adding this to the monthly dinner rotation.
MORE DELICIOUS CASSEROLES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 3 small chicken breasts cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup milk I used 2%
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 ounces deli ham diced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese cubed
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of chicken soup (or use my homemade version. Recipe link is below)
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup milk and egg. Add cut chicken pieces to milk/egg mixture to coat.
- Place panko bread crumbs on a large plate or shallow bowl. Season bread crumbs with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken using a slotted spoon over to bread crumbs. Fully coat chicken pieces in bread crumbs.
- Place breaded chicken pieces in bottom of prepared baking dish. Top chicken evenly with ham and Swiss cheese. Whisk together chicken soup and 1 cup milk. Pour mixture evenly over meat and cheese.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!