Chicken Pillows with Creamy Parmesan Sauce are filled with a flavorful chicken mixture tucked inside flaky crescent dough. The creamy Parmesan sauce makes these delicious and unforgettable!
I’ve been running around like a chicken with my head cut off running errands all while thinking, ‘I need to get home and blog about those awesome Chicken Pillows!‘ 😀 I love these delicious little devils. They are definitely in my Top 10 list of favorite recipes. I have been making these since the first year Kale and I were married and they continue to be a favorite of ours.
Chicken Pillows with Creamy Parmesan Sauce are loaded with a flavor-packed chicken mixture inside flaky crescent dough. The creamy Parmesan sauce drenched over the top makes these unforgettable and a family-favorite!
I posted a similar recipe way back in the first days of the blog, but over the years I’ve changed them up a bit. I used to make a chicken gravy to pour over the top until I tried the creamy Parmesan sauce. It was love at first taste and since then this is the only way I make them.
These fluffy Chicken Pillows are really incredible. When I’m feeling up for it, and have the time, I like to make homemade crescent dough. But when I’m in a pinch I use 2 cans of Pillsbury’s dough and it makes life a whole lot easier. The Parmesan sauce just makes these already delicious pillows over-the-top crazy good. This is one of those dinners I moan after each bite, and Kale just rolls his eyes at me. HA! 😉
MORE AMAZING DINNER RECIPES YOU’LL WANT TO TRY:
Chicken Pillows with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried chives
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cans (8 ounces, each) Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Creamy Parmesan Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- To Make Rolls: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, chives, onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll crescent dough from cans and press together two triangles to create one rectangle. Make sure you press together the perforations well so your filling wont ooze out. You should have 8 rectangles total.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture into the center of rectangle. Fold each corner over the center of filling. Press together to cover filling entirely. Shape into a ball. Repeat with all rectangles. Once all pillows are formed, dip each into the melted butter, and then coat in breadcrumbs. Shake off excess. Place each coated chicken pillow onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Creamy Parmesan Sauce: While the rolls are baking, prepare the sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, cooking over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is golden and bubbly. Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper once the milk has been completely added. Stir constantly over medium heat until the sauce thickens and bubbles, about 5-10 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and continue to stir until cheese is melted. Remove the sauce from the heat. Thin with a little milk if needed.
- Serve the rolls warm from the oven with Parmesan cream sauce drizzled over the top.