This Chinese Chicken Salad is loaded with shredded carrots, green onion, red cabbage over a bed of romaine lettuce. It’s topped off with the most delicious chicken and Chinese dressing. It has so much flavor in every bite!
I can’t begin to Thank You all enough for all the sweet well-wishes with my recovery. I am on Day 6 and progressing daily. Still a little sore but finally getting around the house and feeling better every day. ♥
Okay, now we need to talk about this salad. This CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD! I made this for dinner a few days before my surgery and we just loved it. Shredded carrots, green onion, red cabbage over a bed of romaine lettuce. Then you top it with the most delicious chicken and Chinese dressing. Yummers. It has so much flavor in every bite!
Even though Fall is quickly approaching, and my Halloween decorations are begging to be put up (I’m probably doing that next week 😀 ) I still love to eat salads. Pretty much year round, and in my opinion, that’s a good thing. 🙂 I’m putting this one back on the menu next week for sure!
MORE SALAD RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/3 cup grated carrots
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles for serving
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds for serving
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper; marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add chicken and marinade to a baking dish. Place in oven and bake until cooked through- about 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bite-size pieces.
FOR SESAME VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- TO MAKE SALAD: Place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with cabbage, carrots, green onion and chicken. Pour sesame vinaigrette on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with chow mein noodles and almonds, if desired.