I love breakfast foods, especially pancakes. They remind me of my Momma. She used to make me and my siblings pancakes all the time when we were little.
Mom always used Bisquick pancake mix, and it is what I now use too. I love it. They have great flavor and they’re a cinch to make.
When I saw these Cinnamon Roll Pancakes on Pinterest (of course) I thought they looked amazing and had to make them asap. I used our trusty box of Bisquick for the pancake batter instead of using the homemade one on the recipe. Let me just tell you… these pancakes turned out FABULOUS! I’ve now made them 3 weekends in a row because they’re SO good!
MORE AMAZING BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (may need to add a little more if batter is too thick)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- OR use pancake batter from a mix (we like Bisquick)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare Cinnamon Filling first:In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside. (Set this aside and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes. You want it just slightly thick.)
- Prepare Pancake batter: In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil and egg just until batter is moistened. (a few small lumps are fine)
- OR If using a boxed mix, prepare according to package directions.
- Prepare Cream Cheese glaze: In a medium glass or microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth, then whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about 1/2 cup of pancake batter onto the skillet.Snip the corner of your cinnamon filling baggie and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake.When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a spatula and cook until lightly browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer pancake to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you make the rest of the pancakes.
- When ready to serve, spoon warmed cream cheese glaze on top of each pancake. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!