Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas will quickly become a new dinner favorite! The flavors are incredible with the chicken, bell peppers, onion and an assortment of Mexican spices.
Today I have an AMAZING recipe for you. It’s a double bonus because it’s a crock pot recipe and boy aren’t those things life savers!? My crock pot is my BFF these day. When life’s been so busy I rely on this little gem to cook dinner for me. 🙂
For all you Mexican food lovers these Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas will quickly become a new favorite. The flavors are incredible with the bell peppers, onion and an assortment of Mexican spices. The fresh lime juice and honey you throw in at the end make these extra good, so don’t skip that part!
These fajitas are such a delicious and healthy meal you can throw together in the morning and enjoy in the evening with hardly any fuss!
MORE DELICIOUS CROCK POT RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 red, orange and green bell pepper, cut in thin strips (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Flour tortillas
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes in bottom of crock pot. Spread in an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onion slices. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper over chicken breasts. Top chicken with remaining canned tomatoes, peppers and onion.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH heat 3 to 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender. Remove chicken and shred. Remove most of the broth/liquid that the chicken creates as it cooks from crock pot and discard.
- In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and honey. Add to crock pot along with chicken. Gently toss to combine. Serve warm in tortillas with desired toppings. Enjoy!