Crock Pot Chicken Tacos are what my taco-loving dreams are all about. They are conveniently made in the crock pot, so they’re easy to make and full of flavor!
I’ve added a new recipe to my beloved Mexican food favorites and these lovely Chicken Tacos are it! They are so good and only require 4 ingredients. Five ingredients if you use the black beans, which I highly recommend, and that’s including the chicken. It really doesn’t get any easier than this, my friends.
I have two other ‘Mexican’ chicken recipes already on the blog that are made in the crock pot. Like this Cafe Rio Chicken and Bajio Chicken. We love them both and make them all the time, especially when we have guests over, because they make a lot and are so yummy!
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- 4 to 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed (beans are optional)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a large greased crock pot. Pour salsa over the tops of chicken and then sprinkle with taco seasoning. Squeeze the lime juice all over the seasoning.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove lid and carefully shred the chicken. Stir in drained black beans. Cover with lid and cook 1 more hour.
- Serve shredded chicken inside warmed flour or corn tortillas, then top with all your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
15 thoughts on “Crock Pot Chicken Tacos”
I don’t use my crock pot nearly enough and think this is plenty good reason to break it out! Looks delicious 🙂
I adore my crockpot, so, this is perfect 🙂 Looks delicious!
Oooh I need this recipe in my life! Thanks, Miss!
Holly, do you cook the black beans all day with everything else or just add them at the end?
These look delicious! I am considering getting a slow cooker in a week or two– do you have one that you would recommend?
Amy- I actually put them in an hour before the chicken was done. I will make that change in the recipe. Hope you like it!
I just made these for dinner tonight. Very good. Thank you for the recipe!
These are so amazing and so easy! thank you!
Can you cook on high to do faster?
I think High heat for 3 hours would work
I am new hear but everything looks smashing and I will be trying these great recipes soon!
Does chicken have to be thawed
Candace, I’ve only used thawed chicken in this recipe, not frozen.
We had these for dinner tonight and they were so great! So excited all my fan is coming to town and I can show off with the leftovers. 🙂
I have made this, but added a can of refreid beans and cream cheese. You can even use them for an enchilada filling.