I woke up Sunday morning feeling ambitious.. and hungry. I was craving a yummy breakfast but none of the usual breakfast grub sounded good. I decided I needed to create something new! That’s when these Deluxe French toast sandwiches were born. I like French toast, but by no means do I love it. I order it at restaurants once in a blue moon, but usually don’t make it at home. It never turns out the way I want it to. That being said, I decided to give it another chance.
I thought stuffing some thinly sliced ham and mozzarella cheese between two pieces would be pretty dang delicious. I also topped it off with some raspberry jam. Mmmm It was so good! I can’t wait to make them again!
Deluxe French Toast Sandwiches
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced Honey Ham
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 8 thick pieces French bread or Texas Toast
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Raspberry or Strawberry Jam
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Lay 4 pieces of bread out. Top each piece with 4 slices of the honey ham, then top each with one piece of mozzarella cheese. Top with remaining pieces of bread.
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs, milk and vanilla. Dip each sandwich carefully into the egg mixture, while holding it on both sides so the filling wont fall out. Dip again on the other side.
- Place one sandwich onto the skillet or griddle and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with jam and a sprinkling of powdered sugar. Enjoy!
- (You can keep the sandwiches in a 200 degree F. oven to keep warm while you prepare the others)
21 thoughts on “Deluxe French Toast Sandwiches”
Oh my Gosh!! That looks so delicious! Now I’m hungry…I’m headed to the kitchen to try your amazing recipe.
Love Monte Cristo Sandwiches but have never tried making them. Must try – pinning now!
Good heavens! I need to look at your site when I am really full. This looks fabulous, Holly! I love this simpler version rather than deep fried Monte Cristo which I attempted while back! 🙂
Holly, that is so funny how we were both looking at each others blog at the SAME time! Ha! Have a wonderful week, dear friend!
I haven’t had a monte cristo in such a long time…I am loving how yummy yours look!!!!
That looks delicous. I am not really a french toast person but that looks delicious. I will definitely add this one to my breakfast list. Thanks for sharing with me
I had to come back and let you know that I tried your french toast sandwich for breakfast today. I love it! Will definitely be making these for the family. Thanks for sharing!
Debi, Thats awesome you already made them and loved them! 🙂 Thanks for letting me know!
Amazing! You made French toast even tastier. Great post!
Well, yum! Thanks for linking up, bestie! (I sound like Amy Farafaller on Big Bang Theory when I say that!)
what a super idea, decadent…and yum
Umm WOW!!! Looks so dang good and what a genius idea!!
Oh, I love this! I had something similar on my honeymoon, but have never made them at home…you’ve inspired me!
Goodness gracious. I have no words. Just a bit of drool…
That just might be the ultimate breakfast sandwich. I love the sweet and savory you combined. Who could resist?
Totally adding you to my blogroll! I loveeeee your recipes. It is normally really hard for me to find recipes that don’t have at least 1 ingriedent that I hate but all of your recipes all look/sound great and easy. Definitely a new follower here lol!
This reminds me of a Monte Cristo which I used to order at this restaurant near my parent’s house. The jam on top is perfect, too!
I am definitely going to try these! I already have all of the ingredients!! Yay!!
I’m following you from Trick or Treat Tuesday!!
This is starting to border on Stalking, I’m finding so much goodness I want to try on your site and I’m only about a month into your posts!
This recipe was easy, and delicious! I visit your website often looking for meal ideas, and I’m never disappointed!
Glad you enjoyed them and thank you for your sweet comment! 🙂