Heavenly Oreo Lemon Dessert is an incredible no-bake dessert. It’s sweet, creamy and has the perfect hint of refreshing lemon flavor!
Summer is finally upon us, so I decided to take one of my favorite desserts and put a yummy twist on it. This no-bake treat has fresh and tangy hints of lemon from the pudding, and vanilla from the golden Oreo cookies! If you’re a lemon lover then you’re going to love this Heavenly Oreo Lemon Dessert!
This amazing treat starts out with a sweet Oreo crust that is made with butter and crushed golden Oreos. The crust is then topped with a sweet cream cheese layer, followed by a layer of citrusy lemon pudding.
For the finishing touch, a layer of cool whip is placed on top of the pudding to replicate a lighter ‘frosting’ and a sprinkling of crushed golden Oreo is added for a finishing touch!
This dessert doesn’t get its name for nothing, it really is one of the most heavenly desserts ever. Once you start eating it, you won’t be able to stop! 😉
CAN YOU USE AN 8X8 PAN INSTEAD OF A 9X13?
Yes! You can half the recipe to make it in an 8×8 dish.
CAN HEAVENLY OREO LEMON DESSERT BE MADE AHEAD?
You can make this lovely dessert the night before or morning before you need it! I wouldn’t make it any sooner than that.
HOW LONG DOES THE PUDDING NEED TO SET IN THE FRIDGE?
Instant pudding sets up really quickly, so only a few minutes is needed in the fridge.
DO YOU HAVE TO USE COOL WHIP?
Not at all! If you don’t like cool whip, you can use fresh thick whipped cream, it will work just as nicely.
LIKED THIS LEMON DESSERT? THEN YOU’LL LOVE THESE OTHER LEMON DESSERTS TOO!
- Lemon Loaf Cake: a dense and moist lemon flavored cake covered in a simple yet decadent lemon glaze.
- Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze: gooey, soft and citrusy rolls with perfect lemon flavor and a decadent cream cheese glaze.
- Lemon Pudding Cake: fluffy yellow cake that bakes over the top of creamy lemon pudding.
- Glazed Lemon Brownies: sweet and soft lemon flavored brownies topped with a citrusy lemon glaze.
Heavenly Lemon Oreo Dessert
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces, each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 ¼ cups milk
- 2 containers (8 ounces, each) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Crush all Oreo cookies in a food processor or crush with a rolling pin in a large ziplock bag. (They can be as thick or fine crumbs as you prefer.)Reserve 3/4 cup of the crushed Oreos for the topping.
- Pour the remaining crumbs in a 9x13-inch baking dish; spreading out evenly. Pour the melted butter all over the crumbs. Mix together and then press this down into the bottom of the pan to create the crust.
- In a medium bowl, mix together both lemon pudding mixes and the milk. Whisk well to combine. Cover bowl and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, place the cream cheese inside. Blend the cream cheese until smooth. Then blend in the powdered sugar until combined. Fold in one container of cool whip. Spread this mixture very gently and evenly all over the Oreo crust.
- Spread the lemon pudding evenly over the cream cheese layer. Then spread the remaining container of cool whip over the top.Sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreos all over the top.Cover and chill in fridge for 2 hours before serving. Cut into squares and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!