Heavenly Oreo Lemon Dessert is an incredible no-bake dessert. It’s sweet, creamy and has the perfect hint of refreshing lemon flavor!
Summer is finally upon us, so I decided to take one of my favorite desserts and put a yummy twist on it. This no-bake treat has fresh and tangy hints of lemon from the pudding, and vanilla from the golden Oreo cookies! If you’re a lemon lover then you’re going to love this Heavenly Oreo Lemon Dessert!
This amazing treat starts out with a sweet Oreo crust that is made with butter and crushed golden Oreos. The crust is then topped with a sweet cream cheese layer, followed by a layer of citrusy lemon pudding.
For the finishing touch, a layer of cool whip is placed on top of the pudding to replicate a lighter ‘frosting’ and a sprinkling of crushed golden Oreo is added for a finishing touch!
This dessert doesn’t get its name for nothing, it really is one of the most heavenly desserts ever. Once you start eating it, you won’t be able to stop! 😉
CAN YOU USE AN 8X8 PAN INSTEAD OF A 9X13?
Yes! You can half the recipe to make it in an 8×8 dish.
CAN HEAVENLY OREO LEMON DESSERT BE MADE AHEAD?
You can make this lovely dessert the night before or morning before you need it! I wouldn’t make it any sooner than that.
HOW LONG DOES THE PUDDING NEED TO SET IN THE FRIDGE?
Instant pudding sets up really quickly, so only a few minutes is needed in the fridge.
DO YOU HAVE TO USE COOL WHIP?
Not at all! If you don’t like cool whip, you can use fresh thick whipped cream, it will work just as nicely.
LIKED THIS LEMON DESSERT? THEN YOU’LL LOVE THESE OTHER LEMON DESSERTS TOO!
Lemon Loaf Cake: a dense and moist lemon flavored cake covered in a simple yet decadent lemon glaze.
Sticky Lemon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze: gooey, soft and citrusy rolls with perfect lemon flavor and a decadent cream cheese glaze.
Lemon Pudding Cake: fluffy yellow cake that bakes over the top of creamy lemon pudding.
Glazed Lemon Brownies: sweet and soft lemon flavored brownies topped with a citrusy lemon glaze.
Heavenly Lemon Oreo Dessert
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Golden Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces, each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 ¼ cups milk
- 2 containers (8 ounces, each) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Crush all Oreo cookies in a food processor or crush with a rolling pin in a large ziplock bag. (They can be as thick or fine crumbs as you prefer.)Reserve 3/4 cup of the crushed Oreos for the topping.
- Pour the remaining crumbs in a 9×13-inch baking dish; spreading out evenly. Pour the melted butter all over the crumbs. Mix together and then press this down into the bottom of the pan to create the crust.
- In a medium bowl, mix together both lemon pudding mixes and the milk. Whisk well to combine. Cover bowl and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a separate bowl, place the cream cheese inside. Blend the cream cheese until smooth. Then blend in the powdered sugar until combined. Fold in one container of cool whip. Spread this mixture very gently and evenly all over the Oreo crust.
- Spread the lemon pudding evenly over the cream cheese layer. Then spread the remaining container of cool whip over the top.Sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreos all over the top.Cover and chill in fridge for 2 hours before serving. Cut into squares and enjoy!
25 thoughts on “Heavenly Lemon Oreo Dessert”
I grew up eating this except we would use graham cracker crumbs as the crust and we call it lemon lush
They make lemon Oreos now. 🙂
This dessert is delicious. My husband and friends
loved it too. I will make this again and again. Very EASY to make.
Love this recipe…I substituted the golden oreos for the lemon ones..it was yummy and family are it all!
Made this for our Friday Friend’s night and it was a huge success!! Only change I made was using the lemon flavored Oreos for the crust.
This was easy to make and soooo good!! It was a hit at our Easter dinner…there was nothing left. Would definitely make again.
Do you take the frosting out of the cookies BEFORE crushing them?
No, you leave the frosting in the cookies 🙂
Can this be made the day before you plan to serve it?
Do you remove the filling from the cookis before you crush them???
No, keep the filling in the cookies when you crush them 🙂
This is delicious, but extremely sweet due to the cookies. I will abSolutely make again but substitute graham crackers For the oreos as the crust
Not sure what I did wrong but the pudding isn’t setting up. It’s still liquid and it’s been in the fridge for 1.5hrs. Any suggestions?
Hi Carmen, did you use instant pudding mix? I am wondering if you didnt and that’s why the pudding didnt set up?
I double the cream cheese and add some fresh lemon juice to it. I also add some lemon zest to the top Cool Whip Portion. I have made this for several social gatherings this summer and it has been such a big hit.
This was really really good. My only critique was that I wished it was a little more lemon-y. I might use a better quality lemon pudding or maybe add in some lemon curd. It was light and delicious and everyone I served it to loved it.
TRY making it with lemon OREOS instead!
Easy to make, DELICIOUS and refreshing! Will be makIng it again, for sure.
I used lemon oreos and 1/3 cup of sugar.
This was a hit with my family will be making it again.
NOTE: Watch which oreos you grab, I got the double stuff without noticing and had to make the crust again because it was too moist due to all of the extra cream filling. It took me a while to figure out what I had done. 🙂
Love this dessert! Make my own lemon filling but use the rest of the recipe
I haven’t tryed any of the recipes yet, they all look delicious, I’m going to make them all
Made this recipe for Mother’s day. It was awesome.
My family loved this refreshing dessert after our filling Memorial day bbq!
I did a few different things….…used whole grahm crackers on bottom, made the fillings as stated in recipe with crackers in between layers and then used real whipped cream sweet with Confectionary sugar for topping.
Decorated it with little American flags!