Deliciously sweet and soft Glazed Lemon Brownies are perfect to make when you’re in a need of an amazing treat! These lemon brownie bars are simple to create and extra delicious!
Last Saturday I spent the morning cleaning our house and baking these Glazed Lemon Brownies. As soon as I pulled them out of the oven my Momma called, inviting us to her company barbecue. Kale was heading out of town to the Super Cross race in Las Vegas, so I took her up on the invitation and headed over to the park with the kids!
We ate hot dogs, chips and cookies while the kiddos played on the play ground. It was a lot of fun! At the BBQ I told Mom about the brownies I had just made, but wasn’t sure how they turned out. I told her I’d let her be my taste-tester to see if they were worthy of the blog. She was all excited. My Mom is a big lemon-lover, just like me. Or maybe I’m a lemon-lover, just like her? 😀
Once we were home from the barbecue I snapped a few pics for the blog, and then took a bite. The results? Heaven! Lemon brownie heaven! The flavor of lemon is just perfect, and they’re soft and moist, just like a brownie should be. And that glaze. Seriously, the best.
I took a few more pics and then packed some up to take to Mom. Of course, she ended up loving them! I think I might need to make her another batch for Mother’s Day! And you should probably make a batch for your Mom, too. 😉 ♥
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Glazed Lemon Brownies
Soft and moist Glazed Lemon Brownies!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. (Or you can line with foil or parchment paper for easy removal).
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar and salt together. (I used a whisk to stir it. It sifts the flour at the same time).
- Add softened butter to flour mixture, stir with a spatula until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest. Pour mixture into the flour mixture. Stir with a spatula until smooth and combined. (A few lumps may remain).
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and spread out evenly. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before glazing.
FOR LEMON GLAZE
- Whisk together glaze ingredients until smooth. Pour and spread evenly over cooled brownies. Let glaze set before cutting into 9 bars. Serve and enjoy!