We go through a whole lot of taco seasoning. It’s kind of crazy. Mexican food is by far my favorite type of food. I think it’s the spices and all the flavors that I love. There are tons of recipes I use taco seasoning in, therefore, I am always buying those packets of seasoning.
When I thought about it, I realized buying those packets all the time can definitely add up. They’re around $1.00 a piece! Plus, who knows what’s really inside of them. Not that I’m the most health conscience person in the world, but when there’s ways to save money AND make food a little healthier, I’m all for it.
That being said, I tried homemade taco seasoning and was amazed at:
A) How ridiculously easy it was to make.
B) I had all 5 ingredients in my spice cupboard already.
C) It tasted exactly like the packet version. Exactly.
I imagine you all have the 5 spices needed to make this awesome taco seasoning right now. Give it a whirl, I bet you’ll love it and won’t notice a difference from the packet seasoning. 🙂
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Stir all of the spices together in a small air tight container. Cover with lid and store in spice cupboard.
- To use for tacos: Use 2-3 Tablespoons of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water per 1 pound of meat.