Crispy Wontons, shredded chicken and bell pepper smothered in Alfredo sauce and Mozzarella cheese. These nachos are amazing!
Italian Nachos aka. my new weakness. These nachos are incredible. Crispy wontons, grilled chicken, bell peppers, and olives smothered in Alfredo sauce and cheese. Gah! 😀
I used our favorite homemade Alfredo Sauce that made these nachos all the more amazing! If you’re in a pinch or don’t feel like making homemade just use your favorite jar of store bought Alfredo.
Once I pulled these out of the oven my whole family dove right in. There was not a morsel left after only 5 minutes, so I had to make a second batch to photograph for the blog, and I was totally okay with that. 😉
- 1 package Wonton wrappers
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast (a rotisserie chicken works great for this)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper seeded then diced
- 1 can (2 ounces) sliced black olives
- fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Separate wonton wrappers then cut each in half to form triangles. Carefully, deep-fry wrappers, 4 at a time, in the oil for about 30 to 40 seconds or until light golden. Remove from heat quickly then place on a paper towel lined plate to drain. Repeat with all wrappers.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil then add diced bell peppers. Stir and cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Spread fried wrappers in a single layer onto a large parchment or foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with the Alfredo sauce, then top evenly with chicken, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, diced bell peppers and olives. Sprinkle the remaining Mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Place under the broiler (at 450° F.) for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese has melted. *Stay by the oven and watch so they don’t burn!
- Serve warm and enjoy!