This King Ranch Mac and Cheese is loaded with chicken, spice and lots of cheese. Everyone will devour this comforting dish!
Macaroni and cheese is one of those comfort foods most everyone loves. Maybe because it reminds us of being kids. Or maybe because it’s cheesy covered pasta, which is the most comforting food I can think of.
I love that Macaroni and cheese is a dish you can eat year-round. There are so many different varieties out there, but this King Ranch version is highest in my book. It’s filled with chicken, sour cream, and different spices, that make it so amazing!
MORE AMAZING PASTA DISHES YOU’LL WANT TO TRY:
King Ranch Mac and Cheese
- 8 ounces elbow pasta
- 1 can (10 ounces) Rotel tomatoes undrained
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped very fine
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken cubed or shredded
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large pot of water, boil noodles according to package directions. Drain water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add Rotel tomatoes, chopped onion and Velveeta cheese. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- In a large bowl, add cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chili powder, and cumin. Mix to combine. Slowly add in melted Velveeta mixture, and the cooked noodles. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 baking dish. Spread out evenly. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.