Seasoned chicken and potatoes bake together in this incredible Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole. It’s topped with bacon, cheese and green onion for one phenomenal dish!
This Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole is amazing. Holy moly, it is good! Seasoned chicken and potatoes baked together, then topped with cheese, bacon and green onions. It is so delicious and packed with flavor!
My husband is definitely a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so you can imagine how happy he was when I whipped up this casserole for dinner last week. My entire family ate it in no time and loved it just as much as me. Yep, even the kiddos. 🙂
I’ve always loved a good casserole. All your favorite foods combined into one easy dish is just awesome. I think this Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole is my new favorite for sure!
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Loaded Chicken and Potato Casserole
- 5 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and rinsed, then cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread the cut potatoes evenly in the baking dish. Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil then toss to coat. Bake potatoes in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together the remaining olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the diced chicken to the mixture and stir to coat.
- When potatoes are finished cooking carefully remove from oven. Pour the seasoned diced chicken all over the potatoes and carefully toss to combine everything.
- Place dish back into the oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and sprinkle the top evenly with the cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, and onion.
- Bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy with sour cream, if desired.