This BBQ Beef Brisket recipe makes the most tender and flavorful brisket as it slow cooks all day! It’s the only brisket recipe you’ll ever need!
I’m starting to call my ‘crock pot’ recipes now ‘slow cooker’ recipes. I learned in a blog workshop I went to that “Crock Pot” is a product name so I shouldn’t use it in my recipe titles. I have always called my slow cookers “crock pots” (and all my slow cookers are the Crock Pot brand) so this is new for me. haha. Just FYI.
I am SO excited to share this recipe today. This Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket is one you need to make immediately, my friends. Tender and flavorful beef that slow cooks all day. It is incredibly easy and incredibly delicious!
There are a lot of different ways you could serve this wonderful beef. Make it with nachos, tacos, sandwiches. You could also serve it with sides of baked beans and cornbread. Yum. Just thinking about all the options is making me hungry. 🙂
We went the sandwich route and man was it good!
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket
- 2 to 3 pounds beef brisket
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- Combine the thyme, paprika, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over the top of the brisket.
- Pour 1 cup water in bottom of slow cooker. Place spice covered brisket over water. Pour the liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over top of brisket. Cover with lid and cook on Low heat for 12 hours.
- Once done cooking, carefully remove brisket to a large platter. Remove fat from bottom of brisket. It should easily skim right off. Discard fat. Shred brisket.
- Carefully (it will be hot!) pour whats left of water out of slow cooker.
- Place shredded brisket back in slow cooker and pour barbecue sauce all over the top. Gently stir. Cover with lid and cook another 30 minutes or until sauce is heated through.
- Serve brisket warm and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!