This Sour Cream Noodle Bake has comfort food written all over it! Noodles, ground beef, tomato sauce and lots of cheese are all inside this dish your family is going to love!
I’ve found another easy and delicious dinner recipe for my family and this Sour Cream Noodle Bake is it! This recipe comes from the amazing Pioneer Woman aka. my idol. Love her!
This noodle bake is simple to throw together and totally yummy. My whole family loved it. The only thing I changed was added a little extra tomato sauce. I thought it needed it but everything else was perfect. I served ours with some garlic bread twists and a green salad. It was a perfect and easy weeknight meal.
Oh, and real quick- I am NOT a cottage cheese fan at all yet there’s cottage cheese in this recipe. You can’t taste it (in my opinion) it just gives it some extra cheesy goodness. And that’s never a problem with me. 😉
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
A family-favorite dinner right here! Egg noodles, tomato sauce, ground beef and cheese. Yum 🙂
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 15 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1 8 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown and crumble the ground beef. Drain grease, then add the tomato sauce, salt and pepper to skillet. Stir mixture and reduce heat to low. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil egg noodles in a large pot of water until al dente. Drain water. Set noodles aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese, stir together and then stir in the egg noodles. Sprinkle with a little black pepper and gently stir mixture to coat the noodles. Stir in green onions.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan with non-stick spray. Layer half the noodles in the bottom of the pan, spread out evenly. Spread half of the meat mixture over the noodles, sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers again, with remaining noodles, the rest of the meat mixture and then ending with the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy! ♥
FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: Prepare up until last baking step. Do not bake. Place contents in a large freezer zip-lock bag or cover tightly with 2 layers of aluminum foil in a 9×13 baking dish. Freeze up to 2 months. To reheat: Place bag in the fridge to thaw up to 2 days. Place contents in a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake, covered, at 350° F. for 30 minutes, or until heated through.