Spinach Queso Dip is a delicious cheesy party dip. This appetizer will act like a magnet at your table and pull everyone in for a bite!
Every good party needs amazing food to enjoy at it. There are a few appetizers that are staples at each of my parties, but I always like to have something new on the table. My Spinach Queso Dip is a new fabulous recipe that I am so excited to serve this year. Give this one a try at your next get together, party, or whatever soiree you’ll be hosting next.
WHAT MAKES THE DIP SO CHEESY?
You can never have enough cheese in a dip. I am sure that there is a limit somewhere, but I haven’t found it yet! This dip is packed with 3 different types of cheese: cream cheese, American white and pepper-jack. These cheeses are melted down on the stovetop with a few simple ingredients including spinach to create a mouthwatering dip.
HOW DO I MAKE THE DIP?
This recipe is not only cheesy and delicious, but it can be made a couple of different ways. Depending on how much time you have, or what your schedule is like, this dip recipe can adjust. You can throw all the ingredients into a saucepan and melt everything together within 20 minutes and it’s ready to go! This way your appetizers will be fresh and ready for your guests as they walk in the door.
If you have other plates to juggle while you’re getting ready for the party, you can put your ingredients into your slow cooker on low heat. Allow for at least 1 hour for everything to melt together.
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH THE DIP?
This is my favorite part of this recipe. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, variety is the spice of life. This goes well with practically everything! I like to serve sides of freshly cut veggies, tortilla chips, crackers, and cut up pieces of bread. If you feel like going the extra mile then hollow out a loaf of bread, and serve the Spinach Queso Dip in a bread bowl!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE TO SHARE WHEN YOU HOST YOUR NEXT PARTY!
Cheesy Bacon Rotel Cups – Puff pastry cups filled with cheesy Rotel, bacon, and diced tomatoes.
Ham and Cheese Sliders – Savory little sandwiches with slices of ham, cheese, and a buttery poppy mustard sauce.
Jalapeno Popper Dip – A warm dip with a little bit of spice filled with melted cheese and jalapenos.
French Onion Dip – A savory onion dip served with crackers that is sure to be a hit at your next party.
Spinach Queso Dip
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces white American cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces pepper-jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 can (15 ounces) Rotel (diced green chilies and tomatoes), drained
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced jalapeno (optional)
- 1 ½ cups freshly chopped spinach leaves
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milk
- Tortilla Chips, Sliced Veggies and Bread, to serve with dip
- STOVETOP INSTRUCTIONS:Combine the cream cheese, American cheese, pepper-jack cheese, butter, Rotel and jalapeno in a large saucepan. Turn heat to medium and stir until everything melts together.
- Once cheese has melted, stir in the chopped spinach and one tablespoon of milk at a time, until cheese dip reaches your desired consistency. (I like mine on the thinner side so I use all 4 Tablespoons.)Transfer dip to a serving dish and enjoy!
- SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS: Place cream cheese, American cheese, pepper-jack cheese, butter, Rotel and jalapeno in a greased slow cooker. (I use the 4 quart size for this dip.)Cover with lid and turn heat to the low setting. Cook for one hour. Remove lid and stir in chopped spinach and desired amount of milk. Cook for another 20 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Stir to combine and serve!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!