Make breakfast amazing with these Strawberry Cheese Danishes. They couldn’t be easier to make and will have everyone asking for more!
My hubby is a HUGE fan of cheese danishes. Me, not so much, until I made these babies! I remember when Kale and I were dating he told me about a place that sold his favorite cheese danishes. It was up in Veyo, Ut. A tiny little town about 20 minutes north of St. George. One day my sister had to go there, so I decided to tag along with her and grab one of these ‘amazing’ danishes to surprise Kale with! I was so excited! I returned back to his house and handed it to him.. He looked at me like I was crazy.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“This isn’t the right one.” he said.
“What? I got it at that market in Veyo.”
He replied, “This is a packaged Danish I can get anywhere!”
So low and behold, I accidentally bought him the wrong one. I guess in that market, there is fresh homemade danishes that they sell there, but me being Miss. Dumb Blonde, bought him a packaged one that was next to all the Hostess stuff! lol Ooopsie.
Hey, It’s the thought that counts! Right?
Strawberry Cheese Danish
- 1 (8 oz.) tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons Strawberry preserves
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Separate dough into four rectangles. Seal perforations. In a small bowl whisk together cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread ¼ of the mixture onto each rectangle. Roll up from long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding one end, loosely coil each.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Top each coil with 2 teaspoons preserves.
- Bake at 350° F. for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Glaze: in a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Stir until smooth and drizzle over each danish.