Sweet Pork Nachos are the ultimate game day party food! Shredded pork is piled on top of corn tortilla chips then drizzled with warm Queso blanco cheese dip.
I am heading to Denver today for a quick fun trip! My sister, her hubby and mine are all going to the Guns N’ Roses concert tomorrow night! To tell you I’m excited would be an understatement. They are my favorite band in the world and this will be my third time seeing them since their reunion tour! I know I’m crazy, but I don’t care. haha CANT. WAIT. 😀
Before I head out of town I wanted to share with you guys these amazing SWEET PORK NACHOS! I made these nachos a few Saturdays ago when I knew we would be chilling at home all day. You know, those great lazy Saturdays when you don’t even get out of your P.J’s? Yep, one of those. I put the pork in the crock pot early in the morning and by dinner time we were shoving heavenly nachos in our mouths. SO good.
I combined two of my beloved recipes here on my blog to create these delicious nachos! My Cafe Rio Sweet Pork and my Queso Blanco Cheese Dip, that is also made in the crock pot. 😀
I also went above and beyond and deep fried homemade tortilla chips. GAH. They were heaven. If you don’t have time to do that (because who has time to do that? 😉 ) then just use a bag of tortilla chips and you are good to go. Make these as soon as you can, guys. They are worth every stinkin’ calorie. Promise!
- RECIPE FOR PORK:
- 3 pound pork shoulder/butt
- 16 ounces Coca-Cola soda not diet, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Spray insert of a large crock pot with non-stick spray. Place pork roast inside. Pour 8 ounces of Coca-Cola and water all around pork. (It does not need to cover roast) Sprinkle evenly with garlic salt, salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on High heat for 6 hours, or on Low heat 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove pork from crock pot and transfer to cutting board. Discard liquid from crock pot. Shred pork with two forks, and remove any fat.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the remaining 8 ounces Coca-Cola, diced green chilies, enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Place shredded pork back in crock pot. Pour enchilada sauce mixture over the shredded pork. Cover crock pot with lid and cook another 1 to 2 hours on Low heat or until heated through. Serve and enjoy!
CROCK POT QUESO BLANCO DIP
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pound white american cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes (found in deli)
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1/2 Tablespoon jalepenos minced fine (optional)
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro chopped fine (optional)
- Tortilla Chips
- Combine the cream cheese, American cheese, butter, green chiles and jalepenos in a greased crock pot. Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stir the mixture until well combined and then add a Tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
TO ASSEMBLE NACHOS:
Place desired amount of tortilla chips onto a large plate or platter. Top with sweet pork and then drizzle with Queso blanco cheese dip! Top with chopped green onion, if desired. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
5 thoughts on “Sweet Pork Nachos”
I’ve made this few times and i love it however I can’t get the cheese mixture right. I don’t have a second crockpot big enough to cook all the cheese at once. Should I just wait until the pork is done cooking to start the cheese mixture or can I cook the cheese in a pot?
Yes, if your crock pot isn’t large enough then you could easily make this in a large pot on the stove top 🙂
Hey holly, could i use this recipe with chicken if i dont have any pork? Thanks
Leah, yes you can!
Wow wow wow! These nachos were so good! My family loved them. 5 stars!