Sweet Pork Tacos are filled with tender sweet pork, Monterey jack cheese and pineapple salsa. The refreshing salsa topping makes these pork tacos extra delicious!
A few weeks ago I shared my Slow Cooker Sweet Pork recipe. I decided I needed to make some amazing tacos with it! These Sweet Pork Tacos are filled with that tender sweet pork, pineapple salsa and Monterey jack cheese. Talk about delicious comfort food right here. 🙂
Not only are these tacos mighty tasty, the pineapple salsa adds something extra special to them. The combination of cilantro, red onion, pineapple, bell pepper and jalapeños make the most refreshing topping and what makes these pork tacos my new favorite. 🙂
The pineapple salsa is both sweet and savory- and packs a little punch. These tacos with the salsa topping make them tangy, crunchy, fresh and so yummy.
I hope this gives you a good enough description of them, and more importantly I hope you try this recipe soon!
Sweet Pork Tacos
- 1 recipe of my Slow Cooker Sweet Pork
- 12 to 14 small white corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cans (8 ounces, each) pineapple tidbits OR 3 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño chopped (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Make the sweet pork according to directions.
- For Pineapple Salsa: Combine all of the pineapple salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently stir to combine. Cover with lid and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Warm 12 to 14 corn tortillas on a skillet or griddle. (You can even deep fry the tortillas first as well.)
- Top each tortilla with a helping of sweet pork, Monterey jack cheese and desired amount of pineapple salsa. enjoy!