I remember the days when making spaghetti for dinner was something I did on the regular. I’m sure Kale was sick of it, but he’s too nice to say anything. My sweet guy. Life was so busy back then (not that things have changed) but we had little tiny kids and babies and it was something so easy to make. I just did it way too much. haha.
Now that I’m a food blogger, and have too many new recipes to try, it isn’t very often I make spaghetti anymore. I’m sure my family is grateful for that. 😉 But when I came across this Taco Spaghetti over on my friend Stephanie’s blog PLAIN CHICKEN, I thought it was a must-make and would be a really yummy change to our old spaghetti night.
We gobbled this Taco Spaghetti up in no time! Every single one of us. We all really loved it. It was cheesy goodness and the flavor was incredible. It was such a fun twist on regular spaghetti with a little kick from the green chilies. I served ours with a green side salad and we ate in dinner bliss. Yum!
- ½ pound (8 ounces) spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain greek yogurt
- 1 can (10 ounce) Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies), undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velvet cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 9x9 inch or 11x7 inch (that's what I used) baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Boil spaghetti noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente. (According to package directions.) Drain water.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat; until beef is no longer pink. Drain any grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in greek yogurt, Rotel, and Velveeta cheese to hamburger mixture. Stir constantly until cheese has melted. Stir in cooked spaghetti and then pour everything into the prepared baking dish.
- Top evenly with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve and garnish with diced green onion. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Plain Chicken