Spaghetti noodles, ground beef, diced tomatoes, green chilies and taco seasoning come together to make this Taco Spaghetti! It’s filled with gooey cheese then topped with even more to give you pure comfort in a pan!
If you’re sick of the same old spaghetti dinners every other week, then this Taco Spaghetti is just what you need! It’s such a fun twist on regular spaghetti and has a nice little kick from the green chilies. It’s so flavorful from the taco seasoning, juicy tomatoes, and diced green onions and tastes just like a taco in pasta form.
Even better, Velveeta cheese is mixed in with the hamburger mixture to create ooey gooey cheese heaven! But why just stop at cheese inside, when you can also put it outside? A nice even layer of shredded cheddar cheese is added to the top of the Taco Spaghetti right before it’s baked so when it comes out, the cheese is all hot and bubbly!
This Mexican flavored pasta dish also comes together in just 30 minutes, making it a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Serve it with a green side salad or some breadsticks and you’ll be in pure Tex-Mex bliss. 🙂
INGREDIENTS IN TACO SPAGHETTI
Simple ingredients, but bold flavor.
- Spaghetti noodles: you can use whatever noodles you want, but I personally prefer classic spaghetti.
- Ground beef: could also try ground turkey or ground chicken if you don’t like beef.
- Taco seasoning: I use a store bought low-sodium taco seasoning packet, but if you would like to make your own seasoning from fresh spices, go right ahead!
- Greek yogurt: this makes the meat mixture more moist and really brings out the flavors.
- Rotel: Since I’m not big on too much spice, I just use the can of mild Rotel, but if you want more or less spice, get one that fits your preference!
- Velveeta cheese: It melts so nicely, making the meat mixture rich and creamy.
- Cheddar Cheese: because you can’t ever have too much cheese. 😉
- Green onions: for added flavor.
CAN YOU USE SOUR CREAM INSTEAD OF YOGURT?
You definitely can! It will still give you that added creaminess and moistness to the meat. You could also try cottage cheese as well, this will also give you the same results.
HOW TO STORE TACO SPAGHETTI
If you do end up with leftovers, simply cover the casserole dish tightly with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you loved this dish, then you may also like these other recipes:
Tex-Mex Chicken Chopped Salad: a salad filled with crunchy romaine lettuce, corn, black beans, grilled chicken and more! The taco-flavored ranch dressing finishes it off to perfection!
Baked Spaghetti: traditional spaghetti that’s full of Italian flavors and baked in a baking dish.
Creamy Pasta Primavera: a combination of fresh veggies, parmesan cheese and linguine pasta!
Chicken Ranch Pasta Bake: a simple pasta recipe bursting with creamy ranch flavor.
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet (1 ounce) low-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 container (8 ounces) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can (10 ounces) Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies), undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 9x9-inch or 11x7-inch (that's what I used) baking pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente. (According to package directions.) Drain water.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat; until beef is no longer pink. Drain any grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in greek yogurt, Rotel, and Velveeta cheese to hamburger mixture. Stir constantly until cheese has melted. Stir in cooked spaghetti and then pour everything into the prepared baking dish.
- Top evenly with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve and garnish with diced green onion. Enjoy!
Recipe updated: 2/25/21
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!