Tater tots, ground turkey and cheese come together in a unique way in this delicious Tater Tot Casserole. This is my kids’ favorite dinner!
I want to dedicate this recipe to my oldest daughter Kelsey. This is her favorite meal I make! She asks for it all the time. Kelsey is very special to me. I have basically raised her since she was 2 years old.
Kelsey is my husband’s first daughter from a relationship he was in before we met. I can remember the night I met her like it was yesterday. Kale brought her over to my house to meet me and was holding her in his arms. I remember her looking up at me, giving me a big smile, and then buried her head in his shoulder. It was so cute! She could barely talk at the time so I remember asking Kale, “What did she say?” When she would try and tell me things. He always knew exactly what she was saying. He was such a good Dad.
My husband was raising Kelsey on his own. Her mother chose to not be in her life and it broke my heart. Watching him take care of her and seeing the way he adored and protected her was one of the many reasons I fell in love with him. I knew one day if we ever had our own kids he would be such a great father. 😀
My little Kelsey is so smart! She is one of the top students in her class. Ever since she was in Kindergarten, and now in 2nd grade, every teacher has told Kale and I how intelligent she is. I am very proud of her and am so proud to say that she is my daughter. I love you Kels!
Here is her favorite dinner:
MORE CASSEROLE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 bag (2 pounds) frozen tater tots
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of Chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, crumble and brown the ground turkey until thoroughly cooked. Drain any grease.
- Pour and spread the cooked ground turkey into the greased baking dish.
- Pour the frozen tater tots evenly over the turkey, spreading them out evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the soups and evaporated milk together. After well mixed, pour the mixture evenly over the tater tots.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. If using cheese, sprinkle cheese all over the top then put back in oven for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!