Thanksgiving Leftovers Panini is a hot grilled sandwich that will use up all your favorite holiday leftovers. Don’t throw away the extra food, put it to good use!
Let’s face the facts, preparing Thanksgiving dinner is a labor of love. The main bird is an all-day event whether you bake, fry, or slow cook it. Then you have all your delicious side dishes that bring together your bountiful meal. I don’t think any of it should ever go to waste, so I have the perfect solution; my incredible Thanksgiving Leftovers Panini!
WHY IS THIS PANINI SO GOOD?
This hot and pressed sandwich is so crave-worthy after the holiday because it incorporates each dish into every single bite. The pressed ciabatta stands up to the layers of turkey breast, homemade stuffing, sweet and tart cranberry sauce, and creamy muenster cheese. All the sides come together and become the star with each bite.
WHAT SIDES CAN I PUT IN THE PANINI?
There are no rules when it comes to this sandwich. Add any of your most loved leftovers inside! My favorites are turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and cheese. I also like my panini with a side of warm gravy for dipping. It takes it to a whole other level of delicious!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE THE PANINI?
The beautiful thing about this sandwich is that all the ingredients were made the day before! All you need to do is assemble the sandwich in whatever order you desire then put in a panini press. If you don’t own a panini press, then you can heat a skillet with butter and use a heavy pan to press the sandwich down while it’s cooking. This Thanksgiving Leftovers Panini is so easy to prepare and cook that it will be on your plate ready to eat in less than 20 minutes!
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY HOLIDAY FAVORITES!
Turkey and Stuffing Roll Ups – Turkey breast wrapped around homemade stuffing and baked with warm gravy.
Glazed Ranch Carrots – Tender baby carrots tossed with a sweet and savory ranch glaze.
World’s Best Dinner Rolls – Soft and fluffy dinner rolls that are baked to golden-brown perfection.
The Best Green Bean Casserole – This holiday classic is the ultimate recipe for your next Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Panini
- 4 slices ciabatta, sourdough or good quality bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups leftover turkey sliced
- 1 cup leftover stuffing/dressing
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 cup leftover turkey gravy
- Heat a panini press or large skillet over medium heat. Grease with non-stick spray.
- TO MAKE 2 PANINI'S: Butter one side of all 4 bread slices. Top 2 pieces of bread evenly with turkey. Spread cranberry sauce over turkey. Top turkey with stuffing/dressing. Place 2 slices of cheese over stuffing. Top with remaining two buttered bread slices.
- Place both sandwiches in preheated panini press or skillet. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread is golden-brown. Serve immediately with warm gravy for dunking. Enjoy!