You guys. I have the PERFECT solution for all those Thanksgiving leftovers you’ll have sitting in your fridge soon. This sandwich! I mean, Panini. Ha! I can’t even begin to tell you how yummy it is. And I can’t wait for Friday when I get to make it all over again! 😀
Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and Muenster cheese are all inside this delicious little devil. All those flavors together inside warm buttery bread make for one amazing sandwich! Really the options are endless as to what you can stuff in it, it just depends on what leftovers you have. I feel like this combo was perfect, and dunking it in warm gravy just took it over the top!!
If you don’t have a panini press, a large skillet works perfect too! If you use the skillet just act like you’re making a grilled cheese and you’ll be good to go. My Mom was telling me the other day that she loved it when my Grandma Jennings would make her a leftovers turkey sandwich. She said she’d add a little ranch dressing on it too. I think I’m going to try that next time for sure. YUMMO!
Thanksgiving Leftovers Panini
A warm sandwich filled with all your favorite turkey dinner leftovers!
Write a review
- 4 slices ciabatta, sourdough or good quality white bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups leftover turkey, sliced
- 1 cup leftover stuffing/dressing
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1 cup leftover turkey gravy
- Heat a panini press or large skillet over medium heat. Grease with non-stick spray.
- TO MAKE 2 PANINI'S: Butter one side of all 4 bread slices. Top 2 pieces of bread evenly with turkey. Spread cranberry sauce over turkey. Top turkey with stuffing/dressing. Place 2 slices of cheese over stuffing. Top with remaining two buttered bread slices.
- Place both sandwiches in preheated panini press or skillet. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread is golden-brown. Serve immediately with warm gravy for dunking. Enjoy!
- Yields: 2 sandwiches
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/