I know zucchini season is almost over, but I had to share this recipe! These cookies are simply irresistible. Soft zucchini cookies topped with a creamy chocolate cream cheese frosting. Oh good Lawd! I won’t admit how many I ate. 😀
My love for zucchini continues to grow with the abundance of recipes out there. There are so many savory and sweet things you can make with zucchini that are so good. I love that I can get my kids to eat it without even knowing it. After Emma ate 2 cookies, without frosting even, she asked me what the “green things” were in them. Once I told her she’d just eaten zucchini she said, “Oh, cool.” And that was that. Mom for the win! 🙂
Zucchini Cookies with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Soft and delicious zucchini cookies topped with creamy chocolate cream cheese frosting. These cookies are incredible!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini about 1 medium zucchini
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, or stand-mixer using paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until just combined. Slowly mix in half the flour mixture, then the zucchini and then the rest of the flour mixture.
- Drop batter into 2 Tablespoon balls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 11 to 13 minutes only. Don't over bake. Remove from oven and cool cookies on the cookie sheets. Once cooled frost.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter together until combined. Gradually add in powdered sugar, then vanilla and cocoa powder until all combined and creamy. Frost cooled cookies with frosting and serve.
- Store cookies covered in fridge for up to 3 days.
6 thoughts on “Zucchini Cookies with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting”
Wow! These cookies not only look delicious but are BEAUTIFUL! I cannot wait to make these!
I made these yesterday and they were very good and very soft! They reminded me of a frosted zucchini bread! Delicious!
Oh yeh…another lovely cream cheese recipe…perfect for the topping. These are gorgeous. Pinned!
I have a question I have not seen the answer to yet. Why when people give a recipe n it says butter u have to guess is it salted or unsalted?
In my opinion, it’s a personal preference. I pretty much always use salted.