Every holiday meal needs to have the perfect potato dish to compliment it. These Potatoes Au Gratin are just that. Thinly sliced potatoes covered in cream, garlic and lots of Monterey Jack cheese baked to perfection. 😀
I’ve been making this recipe for about 3 years now. It is the best Au Gratin potatoes my taste buds have ever enjoyed. There is so much flavor with the garlic, and the cheese makes it gooey deliciousness. I puffy heart these potatoes!
- 4 large Russet Potatoes, Scrubbed Clean
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Milk ( I use 2%)
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Freshly Grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F° Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice potatoes 1/4 inch thickness. (I use my mandolin slicer)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and a little black pepper.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Pour 1/3 of the cream mixture over the potatoes.
- Repeat this two more times, ending with the cream mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and really bubbling. Add grated cheese to the top of the potatoes and bake for 3 to 5 more minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.