I shared these scrumptious Sticky Chicken Fingers recipe the other day, and decided it was a must I share the famous Sticky Chicken Fingers Salad, too. I adore this salad. Not only because I love to eat salads, healthy or not (and this one is not), the flavors going on inside this one is heaven sent.
The combination of ingredients are what makes this salad dreamy. Crunchy romaine lettuce, dried cranberries, shredded carrots, cheese and of course those amazing sticky fingers. Omg. Yum.
I have eaten this salad with raspberry vinaigrette, poppy seed and ranch dressing. It’s amazing with any of them!
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 breaded chicken fingers, cooked
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- For the Sticky Fingers-
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the hot sauce, brown sugar and water. Stir and cook until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and let stand a couple minutes to slightly thicken.
- *If using frozen chicken fingers, bake them according to package directions while you’re making the sticky sauce.
- Place the cooked, breaded chicken fingers in a large bowl or pan. Pour the warm sauce over all of the chicken fingers. Use tongs to turn chicken fingers so they get coated entirely with sauce.
- Cut each chicken finger into bite-size pieces.
- For the Salad-
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, dried cranberries, carrots and cheese. Divide the salad mixture between 4 plates. Top each salad with desired amount of chopped chicken fingers and dressing of choice.
- Yields: 4 - 6 salads
Looking for more salad ideas? Check out some of my favorites: