Asian Chicken Salad has romaine lettuce, pineapple, mandarin oranges, sliced apples, marinated chicken and sliced almonds. The creamy Poppyseed dressing makes it absolutely delectable!
Asian Chicken Salad is one of the first recipes I posted on my blog almost 10 years ago. I don’t think it got the recognition it deserved. It kind of just got lost in the mix. Because this salad is so delicious and healthy, I thought it was time for a re-post.
This salad was served at a steakhouse I worked at when I was in high school. Working at Rococo’s taught me so much and was one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. Being around chefs opened my eyes to a world of amazing food. Before I worked there I had never eaten seafood or veal, or a green salad with fruit in it…
I make this Asian Chicken Salad at least once a month because we love it so much. It has romaine lettuce, pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, sliced apples and is topped with marinated chicken and sliced almonds. What takes it over the top is the creamy Poppyseed dressing. It is absolutely delectable!
Asian Chicken Salad
- 2 small chicken breasts cooked, then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup Yoshida’s Original Gourmet Marinade found at Albertsons, Costco, etc
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1 cup Creamy Poppy seed dressing
- Pour the Yoshida’s marinade in a medium bowl. Add the cooked, diced chicken. Let chicken soak in the marinade while you prepare the salad.
- Rinse the romaine lettuce in water then pat dry with paper towels. Chop lettuce into pieces. Add the lettuce onto two separate plates or bowls. Top with the mandarin oranges, pineapple, almonds and apple slices.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon. Add the chicken onto the salads then serve with the Poppyseed dressing. Enjoy ♥