Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Ups are savory, buttery, and so delicious. These rolls will become everyone’s favorite!
Finger foods are usually a hit at any dinner party. Everyone loves nabbing a little snack off a tray while sipping a beverage and engaging in great conversation. Often the food becomes the topic of conversation, and I’m going to give you a recipe that is about to steal the show. My Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Ups are easy to make and bursting with appetizing taste and texture.
WHAT ARE BAKED HAM AND CHEESE ROLL UPS?
These delightful roll ups start with an easy homemade dough and filled with honey ham and Swiss cheese. A savory mustard sauce is poured over the top and then they’re baked to perfection. My secret to the best Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Ups is using my recipe for The Best Pizza Dough as the base. The dough itself is super simple to make and is truly delicious. A little bit of prep goes a long way with this recipe!
CAN I USE OTHER KINDS OF MEAT AND CHEESE?
The beautiful part about this recipe is that it is so diverse! I love making them with ham and cheese because the flavor is good, and I know my kids will eat them. If you are serving a crowd who likes variety try using combinations of roast beef and cheddar, turkey and provolone, or chicken and pepper jack cheese. The sky is limitless with possibilities using this base recipe.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE FAVORITES!
Monte Cristo Croissants – Sweet and savory croissants with ham, turkey, muenster cheese served with raspberry jam.
Ham and Cheese Sliders – Baked sandwiches that are little and packed with savory flavor.
Baked Chicken Taquitos – Crispy flour tortillas wrapped around chicken and a creamy Mexican cheese.
Winger’s Sticky Chicken Fingers – Crispy chicken fingers coated in a sweet and spicy glaze.
Baked Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- 1 cup warm water (100 degrees F.)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 12 to 14 thin slices of honey ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- For Dough: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook, mix the warm water, sugar, oil, yeast and salt. Add the flour gradually until a soft dough forms and pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough should be soft and smooth. Knead the dough for 3 minutes in stand mixer. Cover dough with a kitchen towel and let rest for 10 minutes. Once dough has rested, roll it out into a large rectangle. About 18×12-inches.
- Top the dough evenly with the slices of ham, then sprinkle evenly with the shredded Swiss cheese. Starting with the longer end, roll dough up over the filling to form a large log. (Just like you would roll up cinnamon rolls.) Then cut into 12 equal pieces. Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet. 3 across and 4 down. Cover rolls with a kitchen towel and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Mustard Sauce: Combine the melted butter, mustard, minced onion and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Stir to combine then pour sauce evenly over the rolls.
- Bake rolls for 14 to 16 minutes or until dough is golden-brown. Carefully remove from oven and let stand about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!