These Barbecue Cups are filled with ground beef, barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese baked over biscuit dough. They’re a delicious and fun dinner time recipe!
I love fun and new ideas for dinner. These Barbecue Cups fit that bill. I saw these on my friend Brandy’s blog a few weeks ago. I immediately bookmarked the recipe and decided to make them last week.
They are biscuit dough filled with cooked ground beef that’s drenched in barbecue sauce and topped off with cheddar cheese. Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes or so and dinner is done! So easy and so good!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) refrigerated biscuits
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cook and crumble ground beef and onion in a medium skillet until brown. Drain grease. Pour in barbecue sauce. Stir and cook until heated through. About 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Seperate biscuits, and then press them up and along sides of muffin tins. Divide the beef mixture evenly between each biscuit dough cup. (You may have a little meat leftover). Sprinkle the tops of each with a pinch of brown sugar and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve!
Yields: about 4 to 5 servings
17 thoughts on “Barbecue Cups”
How easy are these?! And they look delicious! Your pics have become even more amazing, if that’s possible. Thanks Holly!
Yum! I haveva buffalo chicken version on my blog. So easy and yummy! I love your pictures too!
wow!, I have to check these, they look wonderful and really yummy!,
A perfect week night dinner.
Yum, yum, and yum!
I saw these on ur blog this morning and was so excited to have the four ing. on hand! They were delicious and I’m having them for lunch tomorrow to! Yum yum yum!
What a cute and tasty idea!
Such an easy but satisfying recipe Holly!! I just know my kids are going to love these!!! Yum!
How perfect for a party. I adore these!
I’ve made these using crescent rolls and crumbled bacon also. They’re always a big hit.
Do you think these would turn out ok if made with homemade biscuit dough?
These were sooo good, hubby loved them! Thanks!
I make these all the time and my husband and 2 year old LOVE them! I had found them on allrecipes and they are called “uglies”. Not sure why….LOL!
Made these tonight – they were great! My husband was happy 🙂 Thanks Holly!
I made these for dinner tonight and they were AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for the recipe 🙂
The original recipe calls for a bit of brown sugar and onion….which I think really enhance the flavor of the cups!
Mmm Nancy, that sounds like a great idea. Trying that next time!