This post officially marks the 100th post on my blog! Yay! So how about we celebrate with some cake! Cake that’s better than ‘anything’ to be exact! I felt a little guilty writing the real title of this cake because I don’t want to offend anyone, but come on, most desserts are better than sex, right ladies? ha Sshh.. Dont tell my hubby I said that.
Better Than Anything Cake is truly divine. Lusciously divine. Rich chocolate cake, drenched in caramel sauce, chocolate covered toffee and whipped cream! Ooooh yeah : )
Better Than Anything Cake
- 1 box (18 ounces) Devil's Food Cake Mix (+ eggs, oil and water called for on box)
- 1/2 can (use 7 ounces from a 14 ounce can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 container (8 ounces) cool whip, thawed
- 3 Chocolate covered toffee candy bars OR Snickers Candy bars, chopped
- BAKE CAKE ACCORDING TO PACKAGE DIRECTIONS FOR A 9×13 BAKING DISH. REMOVE CAKE FROM OVEN AND LET SIT FOR 10 MINUTES. USING A FORK, POKE HOLES ALL OVER THE CAKE.
- POUR THE CARAMEL SAUCE EVENLY ALL OVER THE TOP OF THE CAKE. THEN POUR ONLY HALF OF THE CAN OF SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK EVENLY OVER THE TOP OF THE CAKE.CHOP UP ONE OF THE CANDY BARS, AND SPRINKLE EVENLY ON TOP. COVER WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND THEN PLACE CAKE IN REFRIGERATOR. CHILL FOR A FEW HOURS TO COOL COMPLETELY.
- REMOVE CAKE FROM REFRIGERATOR, AND REMOVE PLASTIC WRAP. SPREAD THE COOL WHIP EVENLY OVER THE TOP. CHOP UP THE REMAINING TWO CANDY BARS, AND THEN SPRINKLE EVENLY OVER THE ENTIRE CAKE. DRIZZLE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE AND MORE CARAMEL. SERVE!
27 thoughts on “Better than Anything Cake”
OMGosh, this looks so good! Can’t wait to try it and share it (linked back of course). And you’re right, this definitely looks like it will, um, satisfy….lol
Yes siree, THIS is a fabulous cake! It is a definate go-to for me!
Congrats on your 100th post! That is awesome. And I do believe I would have the cake and the #** 🙂
Yay for your 100th post! K we seriously think so much alike! I just made this cake for dessert tonight! Love it and it’s title 🙂
Happy 100th, I just have to try this.
Happy hundredth post! My sister makes this cake- it’s sooooo good! 🙂
Happy 100th postings! I make this alot and used the German chocolate cake mix.
Congrats on your 100th and I can’t wait to see the next 100. Love this cake!
Wahhhh congrats on 100th post! That’s such a milestone. I don’t even know when mine is coming up. Haha. It’s a great recipe to celebrate your milestone. And it’s better than sex eh? =D
I’ve had that cake before and it is amazing! Congrats on your 100th post 🙂
YUM! I believe it’s better than sex, which either speaks horribly of my sex life or wonderfully of this cake.
Wow- 100 already, huh? Congratulations my friend!!! This cake is perfect for the celebration. We love Skore bars around here so I know we would love this!!
Oh girl I agree. SHHHH I won’t tell either. This cake looks delishhhh.
Congrats on post 100! What a way to celebrate, too. This cake looks delicious and rich.
Congrats on your 100th post! Definitely a delicious cake to celebrate with! Have seen this cake in a few blogs, and always wondering how it tastes like, except by it’s given name!
Have a lovely day! Cheers! Here’s to another 100 posts!
Congrats on your 100th post! That there is one of my FAVorite cakes! YUMMMMM.
Congrats on your 100th post! This looks delish!
Yay 100!!! I totally agree with the desserts being better than…anyway, sometimes it’s just true! 🙂
Love the name of this cake, but I think my man may take exception to it! Guess I’ll have to make one and find out for myself 🙂
this looks better than sex! 🙂
Congrats on your 100th post!! I remember my mom calling this cake “better than robert redford!” hehe! Love the cake!
Holly we have the same taste! I fix something similar to this ….my Butterfinger Bomb! 🙂
Glad to have you link up on Made it on Monday.
I have made this before, but added an adult twist. When the devil’s food cake comes out, I poke it with holes and pour over about two or three shots of Kahula and let it soak in. It provides another layer of flavor and is amazing.
I have made many many cakes in my lifetime but this is definitely pretty much the new favorite of my family. IFor the top I cream 8 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, and then fold in cool whip…makes for a thicker topping and it is DELICIOUS. I also use the end of a wooden spoon for bigger holes.
Michele, that sounds delicious!
I use a bag of toffee bits in place of the candy bars. They taste so much better. I love this dessert!