Brown Butter Snickerdoodles will make your list of all-time favorite cookies! These cookies are coated in cinnamon and sugar and topped with a creamy brown butter frosting.
Snickerdoodles are delicious cookies that are buttery and sweet with a hint of cinnamon flavor. My Brown Butter Snickerdoodles take this classic treat and elevate it with a dreamy brown butter frosting!
These cookies are made with store-bought cookie dough and a few other simple ingredients. Roll the dough into 32 small balls, then roll the balls in a small dish of cinnamon and sugar. Place on cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees F. for ten minutes or until golden-brown.
Meanwhile, combine remaining melted brown butter, powdered sugar, cinnamon/sugar, and half and half. After the cookies have cooled, spread this decadent frosting on top of each one.
Brown Butter Snickerdoodles are divine. I am all about working smarter and not harder. By using a store-bought cookie dough, you are saving on time, prep, and a mess in the kitchen. These cookies are so easy to make and even more amazing to eat!
WHAT BRAND OF COOKIE DOUGH SHOULD I USE?
I recommend using Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough. If you have a personal or local favorite use theirs!
CAN I USE A HOMEMADE SUGAR COOKIE DOUGH?
Absolutely! If you want an all from scratch cookie, check out my recipe for: The Best Sugar Cookies!
HOW LONG DO THE COOKIES KEEP FOR?
Keep the cookies in a sealed container and they should last up to 4 to 5 days.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE TO TRY FOR YOUR COOKIE JAR!
Lemon Sugar Cookies – Sweet and tart sugar cookies that will melt in your mouth!
S’mores Cookies – These are soft, chewy and filled with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs.
Twix Cookies – Soft and crumbly thumbprint cookies covered in caramel and milk chocolate.
Homemade Oreo Cookies – Delicious chocolate cookie sandwiches with sweet frosting in the middle.
Brown Butter Snickerdoodles
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 3 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons half-and-half (or milk)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.In a small saucepan, cook/melt butter over medium heat, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly until it becomes a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add 3 tablespoons of the cooled butter, the flour and egg; stir until well blended.Shape cookie dough into 32 (1 ¼-inch) balls. Roll balls in 3 tablespoons of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Carefully, remove from oven and let cookies cool on the cookie sheets.
- Frosting: In a small bowl, whisk the remaining cooled brown butter, powdered sugar and half-and-half together until well blended and creamy.Frost cookies, then sprinkle each cookie evenly with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Enjoy!