These Lemon Cookies are so delicious and always a favorite with everyone. They are sweet, kind of tart, and they will melt in your mouth! The most irresistible cookies you’ll ever try!
Hi friends, it’s Kathryn from Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog here to share with you a favorite cookie recipe of mine! These Lemon Sugar Cookies are such a sweet and simple treat. I am a huge fan of sugar cookies. A really huge fan! I have been on a lemon kick lately, so I incorporated lemon into my favorite cookies and they make the perfect combination. These Lemon Sugar Cookies are so soft and easy to make. They are also made with real lemon juice and zest! This is perfect for a sweet summer time treat.
These Lemon Sugar Cookies are delightful and have the perfect hint of sweetness and zing. These cookies are so fresh and packed with real lemon flavor. If you are a citrus fan, these cookies were made for you. You will never want a plain sugar cookie again after this recipe! So when life gives you lemons, you can make these Lemon Sugar Cookies! 😀
Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup of salted butter (2 sticks); softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- an extra ¼ cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, with an electric hand mixer. Add in egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Make sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop cookie dough with a mini ice-cream scoop and roll into a ball. Roll into ¼ cup sugar mixture until cookie dough ball is coated well. Repeat with the remaining dough. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Recipe from: Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog