Your weekend is about to get a whole lot better with these Buttermilk Pancakes. Get ready to wake up on the right side of the bed and greet the day with this delicious breakfast.
Just imagine this with me. It’s Saturday morning, and the kids are still asleep. You wake up without an alarm and you’re the first one in the kitchen. The coffee pot starts to brew, and the aroma of breakfast comes to life. This sounds pretty great, right? Add in my Buttermilk Pancake recipe and nirvana will be reached. 😉
There’s nothing like a warm homemade fluffy stack of pancakes topped with melted butter and a sea of maple syrup. Growing up we would use a boxed pancake mix, and to be honest, I would use the same to cook for my family. Once I discovered the magical powers of homemade buttermilk my pancake game changed forever.
I can’t make these fast enough on the weekends. My kids will snatch them right off of the griddle as soon as they’re done. I feel like I’m running a small-town diner and I just have to keep the flapjacks coming. I don’t mind though because I love these pancakes just as much as they do! It’ll be hard to go back to a boxed mix once you try this recipe.
WHAT CAN I ADD TO THE PANCAKES?
Try adding chocolate chips, blueberries, or bananas for an easily enhanced pancake.
PRO TIP: Don’t add the extra ingredients to your batter. Instead sprinkle them on top of your pancake after you’ve poured it onto the griddle.
CAN THESE BE MADE GLUTEN FREE?
Yes! Substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten free flour.
CAN I COOK THEM ON SOMETHING ELSE BESIDES A GRIDDLE?
Absolutely! Use a non-stick pan and your pancakes will come out just the same.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE BREAKFAST FAVORITES!
Coffee Cake – A buttery and cinnamon filled cake that topped with a crumbly streusel.
Breakfast Bake – An incredible egg baked casserole with sausage, green bell peppers, and plenty of cheese.
The Best Blueberry Muffins – Tender, moist, perfectly baked muffins that are bursting with blueberries.
French Toast Bake – A fluffy and flavorful breakfast bake filled with pieces of French toast that is perfect for the holidays.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate, medium bowl, beat the 2 large eggs, then slowly add whisk in the buttermilk until blended. Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla extract. Batter will be slightly lumpy and thick.(I let my batter stand for 5 to 10 minutes to let the ingredients settle before making the pancakes. I will also add a Tablespoon or two of milk to thin the batter if it's way too thick.)
- Pour a 1/3 cup of batter onto a hot 350 degree F. (or medium-low heat) buttered griddle. Gently spread out the batter to create a circle shape. Cook on first side until the underside is golden and bubbles appear on the surface. Carefully flip pancake and let cook another minute or until center is fully cooked.
- Serve with syrup, whipped cream, strawberries or whatever you like on your pancakes. Enjoy! ♥