Cajun Chicken Pasta is a terrific family meal. Cajun-chicken, tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese are topped over a bed of creamy penne pasta.
Pasta dishes are the ultimate comfort food to me. I totally love them. My waistline doesn’t but it’s okay. 😉 What I love about this CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA is how easy and delicious it is. The homemade alfredo sauce is a cinch to make, and the whole thing comes together in just about 30 minutes. A perfect dinner to make on those busy weeknights.
The amount of cajun seasoning was a success with my family. My kids ate it just fine. The addition of Alfredo sauce really helps neutralize the heat (and tastes amazing).
If you’re worried about the heat at all you can always cut back on it a little. But no matter what, I promise you’re going to love this awesome dish! Be sure to make some garlic bread to go with it, so you can dunk it in that heavenly sauce. 😀
MORE DELICIOUS PASTA RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Serves: 2 to 4
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- chopped fresh parsley leaves, if desired
- In a large Ziploc bag, add chicken, 1 tablespoon olive oil and cajun seasoning. Rub and shake to coat chicken.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook about 6 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and cover with foil keep warm.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Wipe skillet clean (be careful it will be hot!) and melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
- Gradually whisk in heavy cream. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until slightly thickened. If the mixture is too thick, add more heavy cream as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately with chicken, garnished with tomatoes and parsley, if desired.
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!